August 19, 2019 WIC Updates
JOB POSTING: Full Time Nutritionist - Joplin City WIC
JOB POSTING: Full Time Nutritionist - Joplin City WIC. This position is under general supervision, responsible for participating in the development and implementation of public health nutrition services and assuring that Women, Infants & Children (WIC) participants receive accurate nutrition assessments and appropriate nutrition education.
Some responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Determines health and nutritional risk factors for certification and recertification for WIC program eligibility.
- Consults with physicians, participants, and appropriate WIC officials regarding special formula usage.
- Assigns appropriate food and formula packages.
- Prepares high risk care plans and provides follow-up counseling.
- Refers participants to appropriate local resource agencies for additional social, health, and/or nutrition services.
- Provides consultation to medical professionals regarding participants nutritional needs; provides one-on-one counseling with participants regarding health and nutritional needs; reviews and discusses nutrition assessments with participants and their families.
- Develop annual program for nutrition, breastfeeding and activity oriented educational programs, seminars, and workshops for WIC and other community health programs.
- Develops lesson plans for specific nutrition topics.
- Teaches nutrition related classes, seminars, and workshops to groups, or one-on-one, to WIC participants and in other community health programs including promoting breastfeeding.
- Prepares a variety of records and reports regarding nutritional needs of WIC and other community health program participants.
- Documents nutrition education activities and prepares periodic reports for City, State, and Federal WIC and other health program officials.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutrition, Foods, Human Ecology, or closely related field, supplemented by at least fifteen (15) semester hours in Foods and Nutrition with at least one (1) course in Diet Therapy and one (1) course in Community Nutrition; OR completion of an undergraduate curriculum accredited or approved by the American Dietetic Association (registration or current eligibility for registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration). RD must be licensed in the state of Missouri to engage in the practice of dietetics or medical nutrition therapy.
For more information, and to apply for this position, please go to https://www.joplinmo.org