May 14, 2018 WIC Updates
SUBJECT 1: Updated Income Guidelines
SUBJECT 2: MOWINS Help Desk Closures
JOB POSTING: WIC Clerk/Certifier - Butler County Health Department
JOB POSTING: WIC Health Education Supervisor - St. Louis County Department of Public Health
JOB POSTING: WIC Coordinator - Hickory County Health Department
SUBJECT 1: Updated Income Guidelines. The income guidelines that will go into effect on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 are attached. MOWINS will be updated late on May 15 to reflect the new guidelines. Remember to Update and Reset Local Reference Data the next time you log onto MOWINS after May 15 to ensure the updated guidelines are included.
The laminated cards will be printed and sent out within the next few weeks. If you have questions, please contact Lisa Ivy at Lisa.Ivy@health.mo.gov or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
SUBJECT 2: MOWINS Help Desk Closures. The MOWINS Help Desk will be closed on the following dates and times:
- Thursday May 24th from 3:00-4:00 p.m. (The MOWINS Help Desk will check email and voicemail frequently during this closure time and will respond as soon as possible.)
- Monday May 28th all day. There will be no MOWINS Help Desk coverage on this day.
JOB POSTING: WIC Clerk/Certifier - Butler County Health Department. Butler County Health Department is looking for a WIC Clerk/Certifier to work in our WIC Department. Candidate must be dependable and self-motivated with exceptional organization and communication skills. Job duties include:
- Enters and retrieves participant data in computerized records
- Accesses eligibility
- Explains program rights and responsibilities
- Obtains participants’ height, weight, and perform finger sticks
- Prints and explain how to use WIC checks
- Answers telephones
- Schedules appointments
- Operates office equipment
- Attends meetings and conferences
- Travels to off-site clinics
- Promotes breastfeeding
- Works as a team player
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications are a high school diploma or GED (must provide proof) and three (3) years’ experience and/or training in clerical.
Benefits include vacation; sick leave; paid holidays; health, dental, and life insurance; AFLAC; and a retirement plan. Salary is based on experience. Applications available on butlercountyhealth.org
Submit application or resume to:
Butler County Health Department
Attn. Human Services Coordinator
1619 N. Main
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
An equal opportunity employer. Service provided on a nondiscriminatory basis.
JOB POSTING: WIC Health Education Supervisor - St. Louis County Department of Public Health. St. Louis County Department of Public Health has an opening for a WIC Health Education Supervisor (Registered Dietitian). This is a full time, WIC grant funded Registered Dietitian position that supervises the WIC offices at John C. Murphy Health Center in Berkeley and at Mayfair Plaza in Florissant. The WIC Supervisor requires 2 years of Registered Dietitian experience preferably in WIC along with supervisory experience. For additional information or to apply online by Friday May 18th visit www.stlouisco.com/personnel/jobsearch
JOB POSTING: WIC Coordinator - Hickory County Health Department. Hickory County Health Department has a full-time job opening for a WIC Coordinator. WIC Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating WIC activities, overseeing staff to ensure goals are met, and that the agency operates within program guidelines and rules
- Assures appropriate local WIC policies and procedures are established and enforced in compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Has the ability to develop plans, implements action plan(s), and evaluate effectiveness
- Performs supervisory & management duties, including but not limited to handling participant complaints, and staffing
- Develops, coordinates, and documents implementation of ongoing outreach activities in the community
This position requires knowledge of current developments in public health and application to the WIC program, working knowledge of effective management techniques, the ability to gather, interpret, evaluate and use statistical data, as well as the ability to work well with people of diverse socioeconomic/cultural backgrounds.
Ideal Qualifications: Registered Nurse, BSBN
Resumes can be hand-delivered to 24885 State Highway 254 South, Hermitage, MO 65668
Or mailed to PO Box 21; Hermitage, MO 65668