March 19, 2018 WIC Updates
SUBJECT 1: Social Media Workshop
JOB POSTING: Health Educator - Columbia/Boone WIC Program
JOB POSTING: Part-Time Breastfeeding Peer Counselor - Family Care Health Centers
JOB POSTING: Full-Time WIC Nutritionist - Taney County Health Department
JOB POSTING: Part-Time WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor - Affinia Healthcare
SUBJECT 1: Social Media Workshop. The Missouri WIC program is offering a social media workshop on Monday, June 4, 2018. Hannah Shultz, formerly with the National WIC Association, will present a 5-hour training in Jefferson City. Lunch will be on your own. The goal of the workshop is to learn what social media is, why it’s important to your work, and how to build a social media strategy. Please see the attached flyer. Online registration for the training is located here; there is no registration deadline. Confirmation will be emailed after you have completed the registration process. If you have any questions, please contact Jamie Larson at Jamie.Larson@health.mo.gov
JOB POSTING: Health Educator - Columbia/Boone WIC Program. Under general direction of the WIC Program Coordinator the WIC Program Health Educator teaches group nutrition education at our WIC Program location at 1005 W. Worley Columbia, MO 65203.
The WIC Program Health Educator performs a wide range of functions such as teaching program curricula to groups using presentation and counseling skills, adapting education messages to audience, and handling equipment needed for presentations. The position is currently scheduled for 25 hours per month on varied days and times.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate rapport building by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with WIC participants, WIC team members and other health and social services personnel.
- Maintains a courteous and respectful attitude toward all participants in the WIC Program.
- Basic computer skills and literacy in using Windows.
Must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in dietetics, public health nutrition, human nutrition, nutritional sciences, nutrition and fitness, sports nutrition, restaurant and food service management, foods, family and consumer sciences, human environmental sciences, or home economics; including or supplemented by at least 15 semester hours in foods and nutrition from a 4-year program including at least one (1) course in diet therapy or medical nutrition therapy I & II and one (1) course in community nutrition or nutrition in the life cycle/life cycle nutrition; or
- A master's degree in public health nutrition, human nutrition, nutrition education, or dietetics from an accredited college or university; including or supplemented by at least 15 graduate or undergraduate semester hours in foods and nutrition from a 4-year program including at least one (1) course in diet therapy or medical nutrition therapy I & II and one (1) course in community nutrition or nutrition in the life cycle/life cycle nutrition.
Contact Erin Harris at email@example.com for more information and the link to the application.
JOB POSTING: Part-Time Breastfeeding Peer Counselor - Family Care Health Centers. Family Care Health Centers is accepting applications for a part-time (24 hrs./week) Breastfeeding Peer Counselor. Responsibilities include providing breastfeeding information and support to new mothers and helping them achieve their breastfeeding goals. Personal breastfeeding experience is required.
To apply, send resume to:
Amy Callico, RD, LD
Nutrition Services Coordinator
Family Care Health Centers
401 Holly Hills Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63111
(314) 353-5190 x3043
JOB POSTING: Full-Time WIC Nutritionist - Taney County Health Department. The Taney County Health Department (TCHD) will be accepting resumes for a full time 32 hour per week, non-exempt Nutritionist for the WIC Program. This position will be responsible for determining eligibility of WIC participants and providing nutrition and breastfeeding counseling to WIC participants. RD license preferred. WIC experience preferred. Minimum requirements are: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in dietetics, public health nutrition, human nutrition, nutritional sciences, nutrition and fitness, sports nutrition, restaurant and food management, foods, family and consumer sciences, human environmental sciences, or home economics - including or supplemented by at least one course in Diet Therapy I and II, and one course in Community Nutrition or Nutrition In Life Cycle/Life Cycle Nutrition.
TCHD provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, holidays, and sick time; LAGERS Retirement system, health and dental insurance.
Position open until filled.
To apply, please send Job Application, Letter of Interest, and Resume to:
Taney County Health Department
ATTN: HR Department
320 Rinehart Rd
Branson, MO 65616
The Taney County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants without regard to age, color, race, sex, religion, national origin or disability as prescribed by federal and state laws
JOB POSTING: Part-Time WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor - Affinia Healthcare. The Affinia Healthcare WIC Program has an immediate opening for a part time (24 hours per week) Breastfeeding Peer Counselor position within the WIC Program. The selected candidate will give basic breastfeeding information, support and encouragement to new mothers, and help mothers achieve their own breastfeeding goals. Candidate must be willing to accept after-hours phone calls and make home and hospital visits. Personal breastfeeding experience is a must. Selected candidate will work 24 hours/week.
Mail resume to:
2220 Lemp Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63106
Or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
WIC is an equal opportunity employer.