April 30, 2018 WIC Updates
SUBJECT 1: Upcoming Holidays
SUBJECT 2: MOWINS Help Desk Closures
SUBJECT 3: Health Assessment Equipment Survey
JOB POSTING: WIC Coordinator - Hickory County Health Department
SUBJECT 1: Upcoming Holidays. The WIC state agency will be closed on Tuesday, May 8, 2018, and Monday, May 28, 2018.
SUBJECT 2: MOWINS Help Desk Closures. The MOWINS Help Desk will be closed on the following dates and times:
- Thursday May 17th from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday May 24th from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Monday May 28th all day
Please note the MOWINS Help Desk will be open May 8th (Truman Day) from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
SUBJECT 3: Health Assessment Equipment Survey. Due to increased equipment costs, the Missouri WIC program will now be tracking and WIC-tagging all anthropometric health assessment equipment (scales, height boards, etc.) that meet both of the following criteria:
- The equipment was purchased within the last 24 months (2 years), and
- The equipment cost $500.00 or more
If you have equipment that meets these criteria, please provide the following information for each piece of qualifying equipment:
Item Type (scale, height board, etc.)
Model # or Brand Name
Serial # (different from model number; usually on back or bottom of equipment)
Location (main site, satellite, etc.)
Purchase Date (approximate, if exact date is unknown)
Purchase Order # (if available; not necessary)
A legible copy of a packing slip or invoice may also be used to provide the above information.
Please provide this information by May 15, 2018 to Jason Seehusen (contact information below).
The state agency will mail WIC tags to local agencies for each qualifying piece of equipment after this information has been received.If you have any questions, please contact Jason Seehusen at Jason.Seehusen@health.mo.gov
JOB POSTING: WIC Coordinator - Hickory County Health Department. Hickory County Health Department has a full-time job opening for a WIC Coordinator. WIC Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating WIC activities, overseeing staff to ensure goals are met, and that the agency operates within program guidelines and rules
- Assures appropriate local WIC policies and procedures are established and enforced in compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Has the ability to develop plans, implements action plan(s), and evaluate effectiveness
- Performs supervisory & management duties, including but not limited to handling participant complaints, and staffing
- Develops, coordinates, and documents implementation of ongoing outreach activities in the community
This position requires knowledge of current developments in public health and application to the WIC program, working knowledge of effective management techniques, the ability to gather, interpret, evaluate and use statistical data, as well as the ability to work well with people of diverse socioeconomic/cultural backgrounds.
Ideal Qualifications: Registered Nurse, BSBN
Resumes can be hand-delivered to 24885 State Highway 254 South, Hermitage, MO 65668
Or mailed to PO Box 21; Hermitage, MO 65668