WIC Local Agency
November 13, 2017 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Scholarships for the 2018 Washington Leadership Conference
SUBJECT 2: CEU Corner
SUBEJCT 1: Scholarships for the 2018 Washington Leadership Conference. The National WIC Association’s (NWA) Member Benefit Fund Committee is offering seven scholarships (one per WIC region) for NWA members who are WIC staff; scholarships will cover registration, travel, and hotel costs for recipients. The deadline for applications is COB, Monday, November 20th, 2017, to apply for the scholarship.
For more information on the 2018 Washington Leadership Conference, view the Leadership Conference web page. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call Emily Gilcher at 202-232-5492.
SUBJECT 2: CEU Corner.
National WIC Association (NWA) Webinars: To attend these NWA webinars, you must register in advance; the links below take you directly to registration. Upon completing your registration, you will receive a confirmation email. If you don't see that email, please check your spam/junk mail folder. It is recommended you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe senders list to be sure you get your confirmation and other important emails about the webinar.
- Engaging Community Partners Webinar on November 16th, 2:00 p.m. (Central Time). In this webinar, Melanie Smith will provide strategies and insight on how to effectively engage and seek out partnerships in WIC.
- How to Volunteer with NWA Webinar on December 7th, 2:00 p.m. (Central Time). This webinar will inform you of the various options you have as an NWA member to volunteer and connect to the WIC community.
- Social Media Webinar Series: Groundwork: Why Does WIC Need to be Engaged on Social Media? Webinar on January 4th, 2:00 p.m. (Central Time). Did you know the internet is the top source of breastfeeding information for moms? This webinar will discuss social media, how moms engage online, and the importance of WIC having a strong digital presence.
- Social Media Webinar Series: Groundwork: Barriers, Solutions, and Policies for Social Media Engagement in WIC Webinar on January 18th, 2:00 p.m. (Central Time). Learn from other WIC local agencies about what has worked to overcome barriers to using social media. They will discuss how to turn those barriers into opportunities and how to write strong social media policies for your agency.
- Social Media Webinar Series: Deep Dive: Facebook Part 1, the Basics Webinar on February 1st, 2:00 p.m. (Central Time). This webinar will talk about using Facebook in WIC. What are some things to keep in mind? How to start a page? What do you need to keep in mind when writing posts? This webinar will be accessible for people with Facebook experience and to those without.
- Social Media Webinar Series: Deep Dive: Facebook Part 2, Getting the Most out of Facebook Webinar on February 15th, 2:00 p.m. (Central Time). This webinar will be a continuation of the Basics session. After completing both of the Facebook Deep Dives, attendees will have the tools to write several effective posts and be prepared use Facebook in WIC.
- Social Media Webinar Series: Deep Dive: Pinterest Webinar on March 1st, 2:00 p.m. (Central Time). Many agencies have had a lot of luck using Pinterest as an extension of nutrition education, sharing tips for healthy living, and to promote events. This webinar will explore using Pinterest at a WIC local agency.
- Social Media Webinar Series: Taking it to the Next Level: Using Analytics Webinar on March 15th, 2:00 p.m. (Central Time). This webinar will provide insights and analytics to make your social media work even more effective.
- Social Media Webinar Series: Time Management and Time Savers Webinar on March 29th, 2:00 p.m. (Central Time). This webinar covers the tools and tricks to save time and make your social media strategy more effective.