WIC Local Agency
July 25, 2016 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Immunization Webinar
SUBJECT 2: Microcuvette and Analyzer - Response Required
SUBJECT 3: Reminder - Nutrition and WIC Coordinator Training (August 22-24, 2016)
SUBJECT 1: Immunization Webinar. Please join Every Child By Two - Carter/Bumpers Champions for Immunization, and our partners at the USDA, the National WIC Association, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for a lunchtime Immunization Webinar developed specifically for WIC staff. During this one-hour webinar you will learn about vaccination recommendations for infants, children, and pregnant women; key messages regarding the immunization schedule, vaccines, and vaccine safety; and an overview regarding how to review a child’s immunization record to determine up-to-date status of WIC clients.
The webinar is Thursday, July 28, 2016; 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (CST). You must pre-register online via the registration link. You will view the webinar online and will have two options for listening to the webinar. Option 1: Listen through your computer’s speakers; Option 2: Listen through your telephone by using the toll-free number and conference ID. Following your online registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the webinar, the optional toll-free phone number with conference ID, and further details. Please contact Richard Greenaway at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-783-7034 with any questions.
SUBJECT 2: Microcuvette and Analyzer - Response Required. It is time to order microcuvettes by completing the attached survey. Please follow the instructions below to assure your agency receives an appropriate supply of microcuvettes and/or analyzers.
- Microcuvette Survey: Please complete and return the attached survey via e-mail to WICOperations@health.mo.gov by Tuesday, August 9, 2016. This will assure no interruption in the supply of microcuvettes.
- Microcuvette Order: The information from the survey will be used to identify the current supply on hand at each agency and to estimate the needs of each agency for the next six months. The microcuvette order will be shipped directly to your agency.
- Analyzers: Analyzers are also available to agencies by completing the request and justification. Tell us why you need the analyzer: replace current analyzer; expand services in another room/satellite site; more efficient work flow; other: explain.
Local Agency Confirmation: When you receive the order please do the following:
- Verify the number of microcuvettes received with the number listed on the packing slip.
- If the number of microcuvettes in the package is the same as the packing slip, sign and date the packing slip.
- Fax the packing slip to the State WIC Office within one (1) week of receiving the shipment. The fax number is (573) 526-1470. Confirmation on the packing slip is required in order for the State WIC Office to pay for the microcuvettes.
- If the number of microcuvettes received is different from the packing slip, please call Dora Crawford at 800-392-8209.
Thank you for your cooperation. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
SUBEJCT 3: Reminder - Nutrition and WIC Coordinator Training (August 22-24, 2016). This is a reminder that we are still accepting registrations for the Nutrition Coordinator and WIC Coordinator Training scheduled for August 22-24, 2016. You may register for the August session using the attached registration form. The state office will pay for the hotel accommodation.
Although optional, the training is highly recommended for Nutrition Coordinators and WIC Coordinators, as key staff at the local agency, to understand their roles in providing WIC services. The training covers the various functions of the Nutrition Coordinator and the WIC Coordinator responsibilities, including program planning, development, evaluation and administration, and coordination and implementation of all nutrition and breastfeeding services.
This face-to-face training also provides Nutrition Coordinators and WIC Coordinators with an opportunity to network with other Local Agency Coordinators. If you have questions, you may contact Rose Sipakati at Rose.Sipakati@health.mo.gov or Betty Cassidy at Betty.Cassidy@health.mo.gov. (ONE ATTACHMENT)