WIC Local Agency
July 20, 2015 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1:MICROCUVETTE AND ANALYZER SURVEY - RESPONSE REQUESTED
SUBJECT 2: NATIONAL WIC ASSOCIATION LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
SUBJECT 3: REVISED WIC REFERAL FORM (WIC 61)
SUBJECT 4: FOOD AND FORMULA REFERENCE GUIDE (FFRG) - EFFECTIVE AUGUST 3, 2015
SUBJECT 5: “SEE WHAT’S NEW AT WIC!” POSTER - EFFECTIVE AUGUST 3, 2015
SUBJECT 6: UPDATED MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION FORM (WIC 27) - EFFECTIVE AUGUST 3, 2015
SUBJECT 7: FFY 2016 LAP IS READY FOR USE - EFFECTIVE JULY 15, 2015
SUBJECT 8: HOW TO ORDER THE MISSOURI VOTER REGISTRATION CARDS
SUBJECT 1: Microcuvette and Analyzer Survey - Response Requested. It is time to order microcuvettes by completing the survey. Please follow the instructions below to assure your agency receives your supply of microcuvettes and/or analyzer:
- Microcuvette Survey: Please complete and return the attached survey via e-mail to WICOperations@health.mo.gov by Tuesday, August 4, 2015. This will assure no interruption in the supply of microcuvettes.
- Microcuvette Order: The information from the survey will be used to identify the current supply on hand at each agency and to estimate the needs of each agency for the next six months. The microcuvette order will be shipped directly to your agency.
- Analyzers: Analyzers are also available to agencies by completing the request and justification. Tell us why you need the analyzer: replace current analyzer; expand services in another room/satellite site; more efficient work flow; other: explain.
Local WIC Provider Confirmation: When you receive the order please do the following:
- Verify the number of microcuvettes received with the number listed on the packing slip.
- If the number of microcuvettes in the package is the same as the packing slip, sign and date the packing slip.
- Fax the packing slip to the State WIC Office within one (1) week of receiving the shipment. The fax number is (573) 526-1470. Confirmation on the packing slip is required in order for the State WIC Office to pay for the microcuvettes.
If the number of microcuvettes received is different from the packing slip, please call Lori Baysinger at 800-392-8209. Thank you for your cooperation. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
SUBJECT 2: National WIC Association Leadership Academy. Has your agency considered succession planning? Are you developing leaders to replace retirees and assure the future of WIC? A new cohort of the National WIC Association Leadership Academy will begin this fall. Missouri WIC will offer one full scholarship for a local agency WIC employee to complete the Academy. The scholarship recipient is expected to successfully complete all four eight-week courses offered:
Course 1 - What it Means to be a WIC Leader
Course 2 - Managing the WIC Mission
Course 3 - Results-Oriented WIC Leadership
Course 4 - Mission Critical WIC Initiatives
Applications should be submitted to Dora Crawford by August 24, 2015 using attached guidelines. Submit via email to email@example.com. (TWO ATTACHMENTS)
SUBJECT 3: Revised WIC Referral Form (WIC 61). The WIC Referral Form (WIC 61) was revised to facilitate proper documentation that will allow parents/guardians of babies who are still in the NICU to certify their infants prior to discharge, as well as could be used in a variety of situations involving medically fragile participants. The revised WIC 61 includes:
- A check box that healthcare providers can use to request an exemption of the physical presence requirement at the certification visit for participants who are medically fragile and/or hospitalized.
- A statement for the parent or guardian to agree not to use the formula/food while the participant is hospitalized.
Please refer policies below:
- Physical Presence at Certification or Recertification (ER. 2.02700)
Program Violations (ER. 1.06200)
The WIC 61 form is being printed and will be available at the DHSS warehouse by the end of July. Please feel free to begin using the attached WIC 61 form as needed. If you have any questions regarding this form, please contact Bridgette Delgman-Yawberry at Bridgette.Delgman-Yawberry@health.mo.gov. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
SUBJECT 4: Food and Formula Reference Guide (FFRG) - Effective August 3, 2015. The Food and Formula Listing Guidelines (FFRG) have been updated. Please share the attachments with your staff. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at firstname.lastname@example.org. (TWO ATTACHMENTS)
SUBJECT 5: “See What’s New at WIC!” Poster - Effective August 3, 2015. The attached poster is to announce the new food package rules which will be implemented on August 3, 2015. Please feel free to post it in the places where participants can see. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at email@example.com. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
SUBJECT 6: Updated Medical Documentation Form (WIC 27) - Effective August 3, 2015. The WIC 27 form, Section C: “WIC Supplemental Food” was revised to incorporate the new food package rules. The form is being printed and will be shipped to local WIC providers. In the meantime, please feel free to make copies as needed. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at firstname.lastname@example.org. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
SUBJECT 7: FFY 2016 LAP is Ready for Use - Effective July 15, 2015. The FFY2016 Local Agency Plan (LAP) Caseload and Special Funding amounts have been updated by WIC state office and the online LAP is ready for use at https://wicapp.dhss.mo.gov/pls/apex/f?p=117:LOGIN:2365104194728201
If you have problems accessing the LAP application, please contact the ITSD Help Desk at 800-347-0887.
To enter data in your LAP for FFY2016, after logging on to the application, select your agency number from the dropdown list and click on “Access Next Year’s WIC LAP” in the middle of the page. Local Agencies need to complete their LAP by Monday, August 31, 2015.
Assistance is available to local agencies in preparing their LAP. The FFY2016 Local Agency Plan (LAP) manual, LAP webinars and PowerPoint presentations are available at: http://www.health.mo.gov/living/families/wic/localagency/training/
Click on e-Learning and then the + next to LAP. There are some changes to this year’s LAP; they are outlined in the LAP manual.
If you have questions regarding the completion of the LAP for your agency, please contact a member of your WIC Technical Assistance Team. The map with names and contact numbers is located at http://www.health.mo.gov/living/families/wic/pdf/TAMap.pdf
SUBJECT 8: How To Order The Missouri Voter Registration Cards. Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) has been working closely with the Missouri Secretary of State’s (SOS) Office in promoting Voter Registration in Missouri. There are two voter registration forms:
|Warehouse Catalog #||Title||Who Uses…|
Missouri Voter Registration Application
Missouri Voter Registration Application
All Other Missouri Citizens
Local WIC Providers can order both forms using the attached WIC Resource Request Form (WIC 8). If you have any questions regarding the voter registration forms, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
- Microcuvette Survey Aug 2015
- NWA Leadership Academy Scholarship Application
- Scholarship Guidelines-NWA Leadership Academy
- WIC-61 - WIC - Referral
- FFRG (Effective 08-03-15) Formula Listing
- FFRG (Effective 08-03-15) Guidelines
- What's New at WIC! Poster
- WIC-27 Medical Documentation
- WIC-8 Order Form - WIC Resources Request Form