WIC Local Agency
February 18, 2014 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: MOWINS Hot Topics
SUBJECT 2: Microcuvette & Analyzer Deliveries
SUBJECT 3: Mid Certification Assessment for Extended Certifications
SUBJECT 4: Learning Dynamics WIC Customer Services Note
SUBJECT 5: DHSS Program for Dietetic Interns 2014-2015
MOWINS Hot Topics: The next MOWINS Hot Topics session will be Friday, February 28, 2014 from 8:30 am to 10:30 am and will feature guidance for utilizing the Add/Replace Set of Benefits function to issue benefits. It will consist of a live webinar and a conference call with WIC Help Desk staff. MOWINS Hot Topics sessions are open to all LWP staff, but registration is required. The link to register can be accessed here. Once a registration has been completed, a confirmation will be sent within 48 business hours providing additional details. A computer with a network connection is necessary to participate.
We would like to hear from you! Please click here to submit topics for future MOWINS Hot Topic sessions. Future dates and topics for the MOWINS Hot Topic sessions will be posted on the MOWINS webpage.
Please contact the WIC Help Desk via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 800-554-2544 if you have questions.
Microcuvette & Analyzer Deliveries: Agencies scheduled to receive a shipment of microcuvettes and/or analyzers should begin receiving their shipment the week of Feb. 19, 2014.
Once you have received your order, please verify the number of microcuvettes and analyzers received with the number listed on the packing slip. If the number of microcuvettes/analyzers in the package is the same as the packing slip, sign and date the packing slip. Please fax the packing slip to Laura at 573-526-1470, within one week of receiving the shipment. Confirmation on the packing slip is required in order for the State WIC Office to pay for the microcuvettes and send WIC tags for the analyzers. If the number of microcuvettes/analyzers received is different from the packing slip, please call Lori Baysinger at 800-392-8209. If you are unable to locate your packing slip, please send an email stating how many boxes or analyzers you received and the date you received the shipment to Laura.Weiler@health.mo.gov. Thank you for your prompt cooperation.
Mid Certification Assessment for Extended Certifications: As stated in the Feb 14th WIC Updates, the state WIC office will be implementing the extended certification May 5, 2014. We wanted to clarify one issue that some agencies have shared with us. Agencies will have 3 options at the Mid Certification Assessment (MCA) regarding the nutrition assessment:
- completing the initial nutrition assessment questions and follow-up nutrition questions or
- completing the initial nutrition assessment questions and mid-certification nutrition questions or
- completing the mid-certification nutrition assessment questions.
- DHSS Program for Dietetic Interns 2014-2015: We are pleased to announce that two dietetic interns have been pre-selected to begin in August 2014. Two additional slots will be filled through nationwide computer matching in April 2014. We had some excellent candidates for the Missouri Program. Our two LWP interns will be: Ziaieh Jafari (Grace Hill Health Centers) and Megan Zehner (St. Louis Co. WIC). Information will be sent once the two computer match slots have been filled. For more information about the MDHSS Program for Dietetic Interns, please contact Vicki Strickland at Vicki.Strickland@health.mo.gov or 573-526-7961.
- Learning Dynamics WIC Customer Services Note: Attached is the latest issue of “Customer Service Notes for WIC.” This issue discusses taking initiative, which is part of providing outstanding service to participants and co-workers. Hopefully you will find the Learning Dynamics WIC notes interesting and helpful. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
Learning Dynamics WIC Tips for February 2014