Breastfeeding Training for Local WIC Staff
Using Loving Support to Grow and Glow in WIC
This training is for all NEW WIC Staff to provide them with the knowledge and skills they need to promote and support breastfeeding. This comprehensive program provides evidence-based information along with opportunities to practice new skills in the areas of communication, encouraging exclusive breastfeeding, how the breast makes milk, common breastfeeding concerns, and how to help mothers continue breastfeeding when they are away from their baby.
Who is required to attend?
All NEW local agency WIC staff are required to attend this training, within six months of date of hire. Nutritionist and CPAs must attend both days of training and all other staff (WIC Coordinators, WIC Clerks, HPAs, Certifiers, etc.) need to only attend the first day, with the second day being optional.
Location and Dates of Training
- Virtual Training – February 17 & 18, 2021 Registration Closed
- Virtual Training - April 20 & 21, 2021 Registration Closed
- Virtual Training - June 16 & 17, 2021 Registration Closed
- Virtual Training - September 1 & 2, 2021 Registration Closed
- Virtual Training - November 3 & 4, 2021 Registration Closed
- Virtual Training - February 16 & 17, 2022
- 6 hours per day for WIC Certifiers and Nutritionists
- The Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association, has reviewed and approved this program for 6 CPEs per day for Registered Dietitians and Technicians