WIC Local Agency Training
Lactation Education Training- IBCLC Prep Course
Presented by: WIC and Nutrition Services and Community Health and Wellness, made possible by funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Virtual Training - Course will meet five Thursdays: July 23rd, July 30th, August 6th, August 13th, and August 20th.
Seating is limited. Priority will be given to those sitting for the IBLCE exam in 2020-2021, or WIC staff meeting the requirement for the Breastfeeding Friendly WIC Clinic. Because of the intensity and cumulative nature of this course, please register only if you will be able to attend all five days and complete the post-course material. Students should expect to complete some homework between classes, as well as a case study and end of class exam in order to qualify for all CERPs.
- To provide prospective lactation consultants, other health professionals and community lactation supporters with lactation and breastfeeding information that is practical, current, and evidence-based. This course will prepare attendees to sit for the IBLCE exam.
- There is no charge for this training, but you must be registered in order to attend. This course is open to a wide variety of hospital staff, midwives, doulas, WIC staff, La Leche League leaders, and community lactation supporters working in Missouri. Due to funding limitations, out of state registrations will not be approved.
- Although this course will briefly review basic breastfeeding concepts, it will focus primarily on advanced material.
- This program has been submitted for CERP approval to the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE).
- There will be work required outside of the classroom setting to attain all continuing education credit.