WIC Local Agency Training
Lactation Education Training- IBCLC Prep Course
Presented by: WIC and Nutrition Services and Community Health and Wellness, made possible by funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
August 19-23, 2019
Jefferson County Health Department, North West Office, 5684 Missouri PP, High Ridge, MO 63049
Seating is limited. Priority will be given to those in the St. Louis area, those sitting for the IBLCE exam in 2019-2020, or WIC staff meeting the requirement for the Breastfeeding Friendly WIC Clinic. Because of the intensity and cumulative nature of this course, please register only if you will be able to attend all five days and complete the post-course material.
- To provide prospective lactation consultants, other health professionals and community lactation supporters with lactation and breastfeeding information that is practical, current, and evidence-based. This course will prepare attendees to sit for the IBLCE exam.
- There is no charge for this training, but you must be registered in order to attend. This course is open to a wide variety of hospital staff, midwives, doulas, WIC staff, La Leche League leaders and community lactation supporters working in Missouri.
- Although this course will briefly review basic breastfeeding concepts, it will focus primarily on advanced material.
- This program has been submitted for CERP approval to the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE).
- There will be work required outside of the classroom setting to attain all continuing education credit for this course.
- Meals, snacks and beverages are on your own.
- Directions to the training site will be sent with your confirmation e-mail.
- Quiet babes in arms are welcome at this training. Due to the intense nature of the course, it is recommended that another caregiver attend to help with the infant’s needs.