WIC Local Agency Training
Fundamentals of Breastfeeding: an 18 Hour Course
Presented by: WIC and Nutrition Services
The training will provide basic knowledge on composition of human milk, physiology of milk production, maternal and infant assessment, latch on and positioning, normal breastfeeding, documentation, counseling skills, breastfeeding challenges, milk supply issues, medication concerns, and promotion of breastfeeding.
- There is no charge for this training, but you must be registered in order to attend.
- This program has been submitted for CPE approval to the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- This program has been submitted for CERP approval to the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE). Up to 17.5 contact hours are available based on attendance, evaluation, and homework completion.
- Meals, snacks, and beverages are on your own.
- Directions to the training site will be sent with your confirmation e-mail.