- Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood (MIECHV) Grant Program
- Building Blocks of Missouri Program
- DHSS Maternal and Child Home Visiting Map
- Healthy Families Missouri Home Visiting Program
- DHSS Home Visiting Policies and Procedures
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Newsletters
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Agenda - Minutes
- MO Home Visiting CQI Handbook
- Missouri Home Visiting CQI Gateway
Customer Satisfaction Survey Reports
- 2014 Customer Satisfaction Survey Report
- 2015 Customer Satisfaction Survey Report
- 2016 Customer Satisfaction Survey Report
- 2017 Customer Satisfaction Survey Report
2016 MIECHV Evaluation Reports
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) Home Visiting Programs contract with local agencies to provide voluntary early childhood home visiting services, ensuring children have the opportunity to grow up healthy, safe, and ready to learn and able to become productive members of society. This is accomplished with funding from the Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) Grant and the Maternal and Child Health Block Grant (Title V) through the implementation of high quality, evidence-based, early childhood services through four nationally known models: Early Head Start Home Based Option; Healthy Families America; Nurse Family Partnership; and Parents as Teachers.
Enrolled pregnant women and/or primary caregivers and their children are served from birth up to kindergarten entry (depending on the model) and are individually assessed for all areas of need, assisted in obtaining services to address these needs, and provided home visiting services which support, educate, and enhance their parenting skills and parent/child relationships.
The goals of the DHSS Home Visiting Programs are to: improve maternal and newborn health; reduce child injuries, child abuse, neglect or maltreatment and reduce emergency room visits; improve school readiness and achievement; reduce domestic violence; improve economic self-sufficiency; and improve coordination and referrals to other community resources and support for families.
The current targeted counties for DHSS Home Visiting Programs include: Bollinger, Boone, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Cass, Clay, Dunklin, Greene, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Maries, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Perry, Phelps, Platte, Randolph, Ray, Ripley, Scott, Ste. Genevieve, Stoddard, St. Louis County, and St. Louis City.