Relationships between adolescents and their parents or guardians are one of the most important relationships during this time and even into adulthood. Parents and guardians help youth navigate challenges they may face during this time of change and development. Below is a list of resources for parents and guardians.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Division of Violence Prevention
- Guiding Principles for Promoting Adolescent Health
- Healthy People 2020 Adolescent Health
- https://kidshealth.org/ - doctor-reviewed advice on hundreds of physical, emotional, and behavioral topics - from before birth through the teen years.
- https://www.bokskids.org/about-boks/about-us/ - free curriculum for physical activity to use at school, in the community, or even at home.
- Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Office of Adolescent Health
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM)
- Spark Trainings - 15-30 minute training's for providers
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)