Category Archives: Health
Webinar Invitation – Rural Opioid Resources: Preparing Your Organization for Future Funding Opportunities
May 1, 2018
The National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) invites you to join us for the webinar, Rural Opioid Resources: Preparing Your Organization for Future Funding Opportunities, on Monday, May 7th at 3:00pm ET.
The objectives for this webinar are that, at the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify resources that may be used for selecting appropriate interventions and strategies for prevention, treatment and recovery in rural communities.
- Identify data resources that may be used for showing need and developing a strong application.
- Discuss potential and current opportunities for organizations and partners to align themselves for a quick response to future funding opportunities.
This webinar will NOT focus on any specific funding opportunity that has been announced, but rather provide a potential framework for future applicants to gather the appropriate materials in preparation for writing for one of the funding opportunities. As guidances are released, NOSORH will conduct future webinars focusing on the specifics of individual funding opportunities.
NOSORH encourages all of our partners to share this information with potential applicants and other stakeholders. A recording will be made available within 24 hours following the webinar on the NOSORH website.
To register for this webinar, click here. Additional information can be found in the attached flyer. For more information please contact Chris Salyers (email@example.com), Education and Services Director at NOSORH.
May 1, 2018
River City Hotel & Casino, St Louis, MO
Featuring Rural Health Clinic Sessions
Managed Medicaid Payors from IL & MO will be present
May 18, 2018
8 am – 12:30 pm
$89 (Fri) before 4/30/18, $99 (Fri) after
Friday, May 18, will feature Kurt Mosley discussing the rise of convenient care, retail clinics, health apps an robotics.
The day will also feature dedicated Rural Health Clinic sessions, physician integration and commingling space issues. Managed Medicaid payors from Illinois and Missouri will be present, too, to participate in roundtable discussions on RHC billing.
May 1, 2018
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services’ Tobacco Quitline Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) Update
The Missouri Tobacco Quitline has resumed providing nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) as requested and appropriate to registered Quitline participants. As a reminder, MO HealthNet recipients can get NRT through their healthcare provider, as it is a covered Medicaid benefit.
The Quitline provides the following services to assist individuals who want to quit smoking or using other tobacco products:
- Telephone-based counseling with a trained quit coach (1-800-QUIT-NOW)
- Stand-alone web coaching services, including learning tools, support, and information about quitting (quitnow.net/Missouri)
- Texting support services – evidence-based text messages personalized to a participant’s quit plan
- Resource materials
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy
For more information, contact the Comprehensive Tobacco Control Program at 573-522-2820 or visit health.mo.gov/living/wellness/tobacco/smokingandtobacco/tobaccocontrol.php#quitline.