Category Archives: Health Care
May 17, 2019
The Health Resources and Services Administration’s 2019 National Health Service Corps (NHSC) New Site Application cycle is now open.
NHSC-approved sites are health care facilities that provide outpatient, ambulatory and primary health care services to populations residing in high-need urban and rural areas. Critical Access Hospitals and some Indian Health Service Hospitals are the only eligible inpatient facilities and must be affiliated with an NHSC-approved outpatient clinic.
Last year, the NHSC received funding to help combat the nation’s opioid crisis and expanded its site types to include outpatient substance use disorder treatment facilities. Now sites providing general substance use disorder treatment, a medication assisted treatment program, or an Opioid Treatment Program are also eligible to apply.
Interested health care organizations are encouraged to read the Site Reference Guide to learn more about the program requirements: https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/NHSC/nhsc-sites/nhsc-site-agreement.pdf. The application cycle will close on May 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
NHSC-approved sites receive several benefits, to include:
- Recruiting qualified providers using NHSC Loan Repayment Programs as an incentive;
- Attracting NHSC Scholars who have completed their training and are ready to fulfill their service obligation at your site;
- Posting vacancies to the Health Workforce Connector;
- Participating in HRSA Virtual Job Fairs, to connect you with primary care trainees and practicing clinicians; and
- Having direct access to state Primary Care Offices that help to increase access to primary health care services in your community.
Questions? Contact your Regional State Contact: https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/nhsc-sites/contacts/regional-offices-state-contacts.html