Background Screening Process
Who is required to have a background screening?
- Facility Directors
- Facility Owners
- Board President or Chairperson
- Group or Family Home Provider
- All employees of the provider
- Any person, including volunteers, counted in the child/staff ratio
- Adult household members of family home provider
What types of background screenings are required?
- Missouri Child abuse and neglect screening
- Missouri Criminal history record check
The Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) is one tool that is available to provide the screening; however, its use is not mandated.
Background Screening Review Program
A finding on the background screening may exclude an individual from working in licensed child care facilities. Certain offenses committed under Missouri statutes require individuals to apply for a Background Screening Review so the department can make a determination about employment eligibility. This application process is initiated by the licensed provider’s background screening request with details generated on the finding.