Please read prior to completing these online training modules:
- For the best experience with these trainings, we recommend that you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater. Trainings may not be fully compatible with other internet browsers.
- Trainings are not compatible with Google Chrome.
- Be patient as some videos may take minutes to load, depending on your Internet speed.
- Clock hours cannot be earned while in ratio with children.
- Online modules cannot be used for group training.
- Each completed module can only be counted once in a calendar year.
- CERTIFICATES: Certificates may be printed at the end of the training AND a copy of your certificate will be sent to the e-mail address you provide. Save your certificate, as copies of certificates are not available.
- We encourage child care providers and their staff to obtain an MOPD ID. You may look up or obtain your MOPD ID at www.openinitiative.org.
- If you provide your MOPD ID, clock hours will be reported to OPEN for viewing in your online clock hour record on the Toolbox. Do not send certificates to OPEN for DHSS online training modules.
- If you need assistance with your MOPD ID or setting up your individual or program training report in the Toolbox, please contact OPEN Initiative at 573-884-3373 or e-mail OPEN at email@example.com.
- Questions about the online modules should be sent to CCTraining@health.mo.gov.
ABC's of Safe Sleep: How to Reduce the Risk of SIDS New!
1.0 Clock Hour
This training will prepare child care provides to reduce the risk of SIDS in family home, group home, and child care center settings by using safe sleep practices recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. This training meets the rule requiring all caregivers of infants in licensed child care settings to complete safe sleep training.
Child Care Transportation Safety Awareness Training New!
1.0 Clock Hour
This training will help child care providers and staff learn how to safely transport the children in their care. You will learn about the importance of car seats as well as the basics of how to install them.
Inclusion 411: Module 1 - Getting Started with Inclusion in a Child Care Setting
1.0 Clock Hour
This module is designed to help child care providers include children with special needs and disabilities in community child care programs with children who are typically developing. You’ll explore what inclusion is and isn’t, consider some of the benefits of fully including children with special needs in your program, and explore some of the challenges of including children with special needs and disabilities.
Inclusion 411: Module 2 - Integrating Inclusive Practices in Child Care Settings
1.25 Clock Hours
This module identifies the keys to building an inclusive program, describes how to work as a team to meet the unique needs of each child, and illustrates types of planned interventions that can be used in supporting a child with special needs.
Inclusion 411: Module 3 - What Families Need to Know About Inclusion in a Child Care Setting
1 Clock Hour
In this module, families and child care providers learn what to expect from an inclusive program, basic ADA requirements for child care programs, how to locate an inclusive child care program, and what conversations families and child care providers should have when enrolling a child with special needs. Child care providers will gain a better understanding of the concerns of families of children with special needs and be better able to serve them.
Inclusion 411: Module 4 - Reframing: A New Way to Look at Social Emotional Development and Challenging Behaviors
1.75 Clock Hours
Child care providers will gain understanding and confidence in reframing their own attitudes and feelings in working with children with challenging behaviors, learn to help children communicate and get along with others in a safe and inclusive environment, and learn how to incorporate activities promoting social and emotional development into the daily routine. This module includes ideas, strategies and activities that can be immediately implemented in a child care program.
Inclusion 411: Module 5 - The Americans with Disabilities Act and Accommodations in the Child Care Setting
1.5 Clock Hours
In this module child care providers will be introduced to the foundations for inclusion in early care and education, basic IDEA and ADA requirements, considerations for enrolling a child with special needs, and accommodations used to include children with special needs in child care settings. Child care providers will understand their responsibility in making accommodations as required by the ADA and will learn strategies to meet some of the ADA requirements.
Disaster and Emergency Preparedness Training
1.0 Clock Hour
This module is designed to increase awareness of disasters and emergencies should they occur in your area and provides information to assist in the development of a written plan for responding to these events in a child care program.
Child Care Portal Training
Child care directors, owners, and family home providers may complete this module on the Child Care Portal. This training provides detailed information on the Child Care Portal and the Show Me Child Care Provider Search.
Other Free Trainings:The Bureau of Immunizations has several free online training modules for child care providers. To access these trainings, click on the provided link: http://health.mo.gov/living/wellness/immunizations/daycarerequirements.php