If you suspect child abuse, neglect or exploitation at a child care facility in Missouri, contact the Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-392-3738.

How to Report a Health or Safety Concern/Complaint:

Complaints made on regulated child care programs for violations of child care regulations are investigated. Child care that is being provided illegally can also be investigated.

Provider’s vacation schedule, fees and payment issues and other complaints that are not covered by regulation are not addressed.

Complaints are assigned to a local child care specialist for investigation, and depending on the seriousness of the violation, they are referred to the central office for possible legal action.

The investigation and any legal action takes time. Any complaints that are substantiated (determined to be rule violations) are available to the public through Show Me Child Care Provider Search. Some information, including names of children, is kept confidential and not open to the public.

File a complaint about a child care provider (Missouri only)

Contact the Section for Child Care Regulation by phone or by submitting the online complaint form below.

  • Phone: Call your child care district office, Monday - Friday during regular business hours.
  • Online form (below): Send your concerns by filing in the required information on the complaint form and click submit.

About Your Contact Information

Your telephone number and name are not required in order to report a complaint or concern. However, in order to fully investigate, our child care specialists may need to contact you. We encourage you to provide complete and specific information.

* Required field

Fill out my online form.