INFANT MANIKINS - Lifelike manikins representing Caucasian and African American infants with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, prenatal drug exposure, and normal characteristics are available at no cost through 29 community placement sites statewide for use in educational outreach. They are ideal for teaching classes, and come with a kit of instructions. For information regarding how to borrow the manikins, contact us.
CHAPTER 191.725-191.745, RSMo., views substance abuse during pregnancy as a disease and focuses on getting women into a system of care. It mandates assessment and counseling of all pregnant women regarding the effects of substance abuse in pregnancy, identifying pregnant women who are chemically dependent and providing priority for treatment and service coordination, addressing education needs of health care providers, and assessing the extent of prenatal substance abuse in Missouri.
PERINATAL RISK ASSESSMENT FOR SUBSTANCE USE - Free downloadable form to assist health care providers in assessing a pregnant woman’s use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs. To view and/or download this form, link to MCFH-4.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNSELING – Free downloadable form for documentation that a pregnant woman has received counseling about the dangers of prenatal alcohol, tobacco and drug use. To view and/or download this form, link to MCFH-3. This is also available in Spanish. To view and/or download this form, link to MCFH-3S.
MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH, DIVISION OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE – Referral to a treatment center. 800-575-7480.
MISSOURI TOBACCO QUITLINE - A toll-free, proactive telephone smoking cessation counseling quitline. 800-QUITNOW (800-784-8669). Any Missourian who uses tobacco and
would like assistance with quitting will be provided, without charge, at least one counseling session and self-help materials. Missouri physicians can also call for
free medical consultation on tobacco dependence treatment, as well as explanation of available quitline counseling services. For additional information, visit: Smoking and Tobacco.
NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE – 800-799-SAFE (800-799-7233)
TEL-LINK – Missouri’s information and referral telephone line for maternal, child and family health services. 800-TEL-LINK or (800-835-5465).
TERATOGEN INFORMATION SERVICES – A toll-free number with information about the effects of exposure to substances or diseases that may influence the development of an unborn baby. 866-626-6847.
- ACOG's Behavioral Health-Drinking and Reproductive Health Tool Kit
- Clinician's Guide Drinking and Reproductive Health
- Patient Handouts Drinking and Reproductive Health Before You Get Pregnant
- If You're Pregnant
- If You Are Not Planning to Get Pregnant
- Is Someone Special Having a Baby
- My Plan for Alcohol
- My Plan for Birth Control
- Clinician Tools - Drinking and Reproductive Health Additional Screening and Intervention Tools
- Assess Readiness to Change
- Standard-Sized Drink Equivalents Card
- Strategies for Change
- Drinking and Reproductive Health CME Evaluation Form
- Drinking and Reproductive Health Tool Kit Order Form
- New interactive perinatal smoking cessation clinic
- ACOG Resources for PATIENTS
- ACOG Information for PROVIDERS
- LINKS to more resources on smoking
Arc of the United States
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
FASD Center for Excellence
March of Dimes
Missouri Department of Mental Health
National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (NOFAS)