Resources For General Public
Missouri Department of Mental Health, Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Referral to a treatment center. 800-575-7480.
Missouri Tobacco Quitline
A toll-free, proactive telephone smoking cessation counseling quitline. 800-QUITNOW (800-784-8669). Any Missourian who uses tobacco and would like assistance with quitting will be provided, without charge, at least one counseling session and self-help materials. Missouri physicians can also call for free medical consultation on tobacco dependence treatment, as well as explanation of available quitline counseling services. For additional information, visit: Smoking and Tobacco.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Missouri’s information and referral telephone line for maternal, child and family health services. 800-TEL-LINK or (800-835-5465).
Teratogen Information Services
A toll-free number with information about the effects of exposure to substances or diseases that may influence the development of an unborn baby. 866-626-6847.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Alcohol Use During Pregnancy Widget
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Fact Sheets on Alcohol Use
- Fact Sheets on FASD
March of Dimes
- Street Drugs and Pregnancy
- Alcohol During Pregnancy
- Alcohol and pregnancy - It’s just not worth the risk
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Patient Handouts Drinking and Reproductive Health Before You Get Pregnant
- If You’re Pregnant
- Is Someone Special Having a Baby
- My Plan for Alcohol
- My Plan for Birth Control