- Dietetic interns must be well organized, self-directed, disciplined, motivated, and critical thinkers in order to successfully complete the program and pass the RD exam.
- Interns must attend all internship classes.
- Interns must maintain an internship time log, recording the number of hours spent on internship activities each week. This log documents that the intern has spent at least 1200 hours on supervised practice experiences.
- Interns must submit all activities as indicated and on time.
- Interns must act responsibly, maturely, and professionally at all times, including appearance, dress, and cleanliness. The intern's professional behavior should be consistent with the guidelines for Professional Conduct and the Code of Professional Ethics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- The intern is expected to conform to the established dress code of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and affiliate sites. He/she should also be considerate of others, have a positive attitude, be prompt, tactful and responsible.
- Interns must communicate openly and honestly with instructors, preceptors, coordinator and internship director. Any needs, concerns or questions should be addressed as soon as possible.
- The internship program is not just a vehicle to become a Registered Dietitian it is an educational opportunity, so embrace it to the fullest extent.
- Access to the Internet is essential