Program Completion Requirements
Pre-PDI assignments/prerequisites (after acceptance to PDI):
After being selected, the intern will be required to submit evidence of good health assuring their personal health status prior to beginning any rotation.
Interns appointed to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Program for Dietetic Interns will be expected to attend a two-day informational session about MDHSS programs and senior feeding programs to be held in Jefferson City, Missouri, during June prior to the start of the internship program year.
Interns appointed to the PDI will also be expected to complete WIC Basic Orientation and MOWINS trainings (if not previously completed) in the summer prior to the start of the internship program year. The WIC trainings require completion of self-study modules prior to completing on-line training or attending the live training.
In addition, interns will be required to complete a series of study modules and assignments prior to beginning the dietetic internship.Appointed interns will also be expected to complete a Missouri Family Care Safety Registry and FBI Identification Record Request/Criminal Background Check resulting in no findings as well as a 14 panel urine drug screen with negative results prior to beginning the PDI.
Program completion requirements include:
- Completion of a minimum of 1,200 supervised practice experience hours as specified.
- Completion of all scheduled Supervised Practice Experiences with an Evaluation rating of 75% or above.
- Completion of required competencies.
- Successful completion of all assignments, presentations and projects.
- Successful completion of all didactic classes and passing exams and assignments with a minimum grade of 75%.
- Attendance at all Program for Dietetic Interns meetings and classes.
- Completion of a RD practice exam or review course (live training or on-line) prior to receiving their dietetic internship verification statement.
An Official Verification of Completion enabling the graduate to establish eligibility to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians will be provided by the program director after all requirements for program completion have been verified. Registration and State Licensure can be obtained upon completion of the program and successfully passing the Registration Examination for Dietitians. Information on dietetic registration, certification and state licensure may be obtained at http://cdrnet.org/certifications/.