Meals and Recipes
Cooking Healthy at Home
Preparing meals at home offers many benefits that can help you eat smart. Planning and cooking your own meals gives you control over what you eat. You can select your own ingredients, choosing locally raised foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and lower fat versions of many products. And many herbs and spices offer added health benefits in addition to making food more flavorful. In addition, home cooking can stretch your food budget and is a great way to bring the family together at mealtime. Cooking also offers the opportunity to experiment with new flavors and discover your own culinary flair.
- Eating Fresh from a Farmers' Market or Your Own Backyard article and recipes
- Recipes from A Healthier You (based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005)
- Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living Recipes
- Fruits & Veggies—More Matters Recipes
- Stay Young at Heart: Cooking the Heart-Healthy Way