Organ Donation Advisory Committee
A ten-member advisory committee, appointed by the Governor, assists the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services with the development and implementation of the Organ and Tissue Donor Program. The Organ Donation Advisory Committee recommends priorities of expenditures from the Organ Donor Program Fund to meet program mandates.
GODAC Training Modules
- Lesson 1 - Welcome Introduction
- Lesson 2 - GODAC Information
- Lesson 3 - Statutes and the Process
- Lesson 4 - The Organ and Tissue Donor Program
- Lesson 5 - The Budget
- Lesson 6 - The Registry Process
- Lesson 7 - Registry Reports
- Lesson 8 - Promotional Information
Statutory Mandates for the Organ Donor Program
- Maintain a statewide, confidential registry of potential donors.
- Develop and implement statewide donation awareness programs for education of the general public.
- Implement donation awareness programs within secondary schools.
Funding for the Organ Donor Program and Statewide Registry
The Organ Donor Program is supported by voluntary contributions at the driver's license offices in the state and through direct contributions. Contributions to the Organ Donor Program Fund are preserved by statute and cannot be used as general revenue. Likewise, the Organ and Tissue Donor Program is prohibited from receiving any general revenue funds (RSMo 194.297).