TBI Resources and Related Links
- Brain Injury Association of Missouri (home page)
- Brain Injury Association of Missouri (Resources)
- TBI Childhood Toolkit
- Missouri Greenbook, Living with Brain Injury
- The Missouri Brain Injury Guide & Resources: A NEW Web Based Training on TBI
- Traumatic Brain Injury Brochure
- TBI Brochure for Mental Health Professionals
- Life-Changing Apps for People with Brain Injury from brainline.org
- Navy Seal TBI Story - By Defense Centers of Excellence
To order a hard copy of the Missouri Greenbook, Living with Brain Injury, or the Traumatic Brain Injury Brochure refer to Special Health Care Needs Publications web page.
Rehabilitation and Support Services
Individuals with a traumatic brain injury and their families need an array of rehabilitation and support services (click on links below) to enable them to return to the community and live independently. Such services may be provided through different state agencies. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Adult Head Injury Program, Division of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities, and the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation have designated service coordinators/case managers/counselors to assist individuals with obtaining and coordinating such services.
- Adult Brain Injury Program, Department of Health and Senior Services
- Division of Developmental Disabilities, Regional Centers and Habilitation Centers (For injuries that occurred before the age of 22)
- Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
School Nurse Update Newsletters
- Sports Concussion Resources
- Adolescent “Shorts” Spring Quarter 2010 (Concussion in Sports)
- Traumatic Brain Injury in Early Childhood (Presentation slides)
- LEARNet (A problem-solving system designed to help you identify useful procedures for helping students with brain injury in school and at home.)
- Centers for Disease Control, Traumatic Brain Injury
- Project Brain
- Traumatic Brain Injury Networking Team Resource Network
- Road Map to Military Resources
- For a more comprehensive resource list from the Missouri Veterans Commission click here: www.mvc.dps.mo.gov then click on the “State Veterans Benefits Guide” link.
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC)
Provides clinical care, conducts clinical research, and develops educational programs for Active Duty military Service members, beneficiaries, and Veterans with traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Their website has information regarding TBI for Service members, Veterans, families, and health providers.
- Defense Centers of Excellence (DCoE)
Ensures that the Department of Defense meets the needs of military Service members, communities, and families by overseeing and facilitating various programs for Psychological health and Traumatic Brain Injury.
- National Resource Directory (NRD)
Connects wounded warriors, Service Members, Veterans, and their families with those who support them. It provides access to services and resources at the national, state and local levels to support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration. Visitors can find information on a variety of topics including benefits & compensation, education & training, employment, family & caregiver support, health, homeless assistance, housing, transportation & travel and other services & resources. For help on how to find resources on the site, visit the How to Use this Site section of the NRD.