July 22, 2013 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: FFY 2014 LAP is ready for Use
SUBJECT 2: WIC Resources - Sticker Order
SUBJECT 3: Microcuvettes and Analyzers - Response Requested
FFY 2014 LAP is ready for Use: The FFY2014 Local Agency Plan (LAP) Caseload and Special Funding amounts have been updated by WIC state office and the online LAP is ready for use at http://health.mo.gov/living/families/wic/wiclwp/forms.php. If you have problems accessing the LAP application, please contact the ITSD Help Desk.
To enter data in your LAP for FFY2014 after logging on to the application, select your agency number from the dropdown list and click on “Access Next Year’s WIC LAP” in the middle of the page. Local Agencies need to complete their LAP by Friday, August 30, 2013.
To assist local agencies in preparing their LAP, assistance is available. The FFY2014 Local Agency Plan (LAP) manual is available at: http://health.mo.gov/living/families/wic/wiclwp/pdf/LAP_Manual.pdf. The FFY2014 Local Agency Plan (LAP) Overview/Updates e-learning webinar is available at http://health.mo.gov/living/families/wic/wiclwp/training-wic_lap.php.
If you have questions regarding the completion of the LAP for your agency, please contact a member of your WIC Technical Assistance Team. The map with names and contact numbers is located at http://health.mo.gov/living/families/wic/wiclwp/pdf/TAMap.pdf.
WIC Resources - Sticker Order: The State WIC office has purchased a total of 920 rolls of stickers “Growing Stickers for Girls and Boys”. During the week of July 22, 2013, local WIC coordinators will receive a link to order stickers. If your agency is interested in receiving stickers in August 2013, please complete the order survey by August 5, 2013. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at Takako.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microcuvettes and Analyzers - Response Requested: It is time to order microcuvettes by completing the survey. Please follow the instructions below to assure your agency receives your supply of microcuvettes and/or analyzer.
- Microcuvette Survey: Please complete and return the attached survey via e-mail to WICOperations@health.mo.gov by Tuesday, August 6, 2013. This will assure no interruption in the supply of microcuvettes.
- Microcuvette Order: The information from the survey will be used to identify the current supply on hand at each agency and to estimate the needs of each agency for the next six months. The microcuvette order will be shipped directly to your agency.
- Analyzers: Analyzers are also available to agencies by completing the request and justification. Tell us why you need the analyzer: replace current analyzer; expand services in another room/satellite site; more efficient work flow; other: explain.
- Verify the number of microcuvettes received with the number listed on the packing slip.
- If the number of microcuvettes in the package is the same as the packing slip, sign and date the packing slip.
- Fax the packing slip to the State WIC Office within one (1) week of receiving the shipment. The fax number is (573) 526-1470. Confirmation on the packing slip is required in order for the State WIC Office to pay for the microcuvettes.
- If the number of microcuvettes received is different from the packing slip, please call Lori Baysinger at 800-392-8209. Thank you for your cooperation. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
Local WIC Provider Confirmation: When you receive the order please do the
Microcuvette Survey August 2013