January 22, 2013 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Breast Pump Report
SUBJECT 2: WIC Coordinator E-Learning Modules
SUBJECT 3: Microcuvettes and Analyzers - Response Requested
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Nutritionist - City of St. Joseph Health Department
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Dietitian/Nutritionist - Truman Medical Centers, Kansas City
Breast Pump Report: In Crystal Reports, the Breast Pump Detail Report has been revised and is now titled the Breast Pump Inventory report. This report now lists a complete inventory of all breast pumps for each local WIC provider. Participant information on who the pump is issued to is still included. Another feature of the report is that you can now search by breast pump number to pull information on a specific breast pump. In order to incorporate this new feature, changes had to be made on how to create the report. Please remember the following:
- When creating a report listing a complete inventory by Agency Number please select “Disregard Parameter” on the drop down box at the bottom of the screen under “Enter Breast Pump Number”.
- When creating a report by Breast Pump Number please select “Disregard Parameter” on the drop down boxes at the top of the screen under both “Start of Range” and “End of Range”.
- When creating a report by either Agency Number or by Breast Pump Number, if “Disregard Parameter” is not selected for the other drop down box, an error message will be displayed when trying to create this report.
If you have any questions or problems in creating this report please contact the MOWINS Help Desk at 800-554-2544 or if you have other breast pump questions, please contact Kathy Mertzlufft by email at Kathy.Mertzlufft@health.mo.gov or by phone at 573-526-4792.
WIC Coordinator E-Learning Modules: Six modules of the WIC Coordinator Training have been published on the LWP Training Site. The modules available are:
- Staff Roles
- Local Agency Contract/Local Agency Plan
- Marketing and Outreach
- Contract Monitoring
These modules can be viewed by staff at any time, but must be completed prior to on-site WIC Coordinator Training. Additional modules are being developed and will be posted on this site within the next several months.
If you have any questions regarding the WIC Coordinator e-Learning training modules, or the on-site WIC Coordinator training, please contact Debby Hanlon at Debby.Hanlon@health.mo.gov or by calling 573-751-6196.
Microcuvettes and Analyzers-Response Requested: It is time to order microcuvettes by completing the survey. Please follow the instructions below to assure your agency receives your supply of microcuvettes and/or analyzer.
- Microcuvette Survey: Please complete and return the attached survey via e-mail to WICOperations@health.mo.gov by Tuesday, February 5, 2013. This will assure no interruption in the supply of microcuvettes.
- Microcuvette Order: The information from the survey will be used to identify the current supply on hand at each agency and to estimate the needs of each agency for the next six months. The microcuvette order will be shipped directly to your agency.
- Analyzers: Analyzers are also available to agencies by completing the request and justification. Tell us why you need the analyzer: replace current analyzer; expand services in another room/satellite site; more efficient work flow; other: explain.
Local WIC Provider Confirmation: When you receive the order please do the
- Verify the number of microcuvettes received with the number listed on the packing slip.
- If the number of microcuvettes in the package is the same as the packing slip, sign and date the packing slip.
- Fax the packing slip to the State WIC Office within one (1) week of receiving the shipment. The fax number is (573) 526-1470. Confirmation on the packing slip is required in order for the State WIC Office to pay for the microcuvettes.
- If the number of microcuvettes received is different from the packing slip, please call Lori Baysinger at 800-392-8209. Thank you for your cooperation. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Nutritionist - City of St. Joseph Health Department: The City of St. Joseph Health Department has an immediate opening for a nutritionist. This position will assist with administering the WIC program while following the policies and procedures established by the Federal and State government. They will also participate in the development and implementation of nutritional counseling and education for the local Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program as well as coordinating nutrition and breastfeeding services provided to participants in the WIC Program. There are no supervisory responsibilities and limited budgetary responsibilities. For more information contact Marianna Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the following website for the complete job posting and to apply for the position: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stjoemo/default.cfm
JOB OPPORTUNITY: WIC Dietitian/Nutritionist-Truman Medical Centers, Kansas City:
If you share our passion for healthcare excellence, take your place among the best at Truman Medical Centers, the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Kansas City. Named one of the nation's top academic medical centers, we are a primary teaching two-hospital system for the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Health Sciences. As a comprehensive, multi-faceted, not-for-profit health care system, TMC serves all patient demographics, regardless of the ethnic or socioeconomic backgrounds.
The WIC Dietitian/Nutritionist evaluates participant nutritional and medical information to determine Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program eligibility. Develops individual care plans for participants qualifying for the WIC program and provides nutrition education to WIC participants. Work is performed under the general supervision of the WIC Supervisor. TMC WIC is looking for one full-time dietitian/nutritionist as well as one “PRN” dietitian/nutritionists.
To learn more about TMC-WIC, visit www.tmcwic.org. To learn more about these openings contact Brenda Brewer, Director at Brenda.Brewer@tmcmed.org or 816-404-9743 or you can apply online at www.trumed.org.
Microcuvettesurvey February 2013