December 17, 2012 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Annual Needs Assessment Survey for Translated Resource Items
SUBJECT 2: Learning Dynamics - Customer Service Newsletter
SUBJECT 3: Health Care Provider Web Page
Annual Needs Assessment Survey for Translated Resource Items: In 2012, the State WIC office has provided resource items in up to 14 different languages available for downloading from the DHSS website and in Spanish available from the DHSS warehouse. We would like to know if your agency has utilized these resource items between January 1, 2012 and December 17, 2012. Local WIC coordinators will receive an e-mail message with a link to the survey on December 18, 2012. Please complete the survey by December 31, 2011. The information obtained through this survey will be used for planning purposes. Therefore, each agency must complete the survey. If you have any questions/suggestions, please feel free to contact Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
Learning Dynamics - Customer Service Newsletter: Attached is the Customer Services Notes for WIC from Learning Dynamics. This issue discusses “common courtesy,” and how that is part of stellar service to participants and co-workers. If you have any questions please discuss with your District TA Team. (ONE ATTACHMENT)
Health Care Provider Web Page: We have updated the Health Care Provider we page under the title Other WIC Health Related Information NEW! to include information on the World Health Organization (WHO) growth charts implemented in the Missouri WIC Program mid-November 2012. Please refer Health Care Providers to this page when they need the following:
- Electronic version of the WIC 27.
- Information on Breastfeeding support and WIC formulas.
- FAQ’s about Missouri WIC food packages.
- Letter to physicians on Missouri’s implementation to use the World Health Organization (WHO) growth charts for infants and children from birth to 24 months of age while continuing to use the CDC growth charts for children ages 2 to 5 years.
- Links to other resources on more information about the WHO Charts.
WIC Tips for December 2012