February 22, 2011 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Breast Pump Order
SUBJECT 2: Eat Right with Color in 2011
Breast Pump Order: We are placing another order for breast pumps and double pumping kits from Medela. In addition to the Medela Lactina Select electric breast pumps, double pumping kits and Harmony manual breast pumps, the new Medela Personal Double Electric Single-User breast pump will be available. Single-user means that this pump is not meant to be shared with other women, so we will be giving this pump to mothers who meet the following criteria:
- Participant must demonstrate a need for the pump.
- Mother must be separated from her infant at least 32 hours per week.
- Mother must be planning to offer breast milk exclusively to her infant and committed to continued long-term exclusive breastfeeding.
- Infant must be receiving no formula from WIC or any other source.
- Pump cannot be provided to the mother before 4 weeks post partum. If a mother needs a pump before then, she may be loaned a multi-user electric breast pump.
Agencies are not required to have this pump available, but if you are interested in providing this pump, you may only issue to participants that meet the above criteria. For each participant that is provided this pump, the Single User Personal Electric Breast Pump Agreement/Questionnaire (attached) must be completed and scanned into MOWINS. It is important that you promote this pump to prenatal women and use as an additional incentive to promote exclusive breastfeeding.
If you would like to request any of these items for your agency, please complete the attached order form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 573-526-1470 by COB on Friday, March 11, 2011. If you have any questions please contact Kathy Mertzlufft at 573-526-4792.
Eat Right with Color in 2011: March is National Nutrition Month® and the 2011 theme is “Eat Right with Color.” Local agencies are encouraged to use National Nutrition Month as an opportunity to promote good nutrition habits. A list of activity ideas and some materials are included in this week’s update. If you have any questions about these materials, please contact Pat Simmons at email@example.com or 573-522-2843.
Breastpump order request
Personal pump questionnaire agreement
Home Run Score Card 2011 WIC version
National Nutirtion Month 2011
Bookmarks for Poster