May 3, 2010 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Friday, May 7- Truman Holiday- WIC Help Desk Coverage
SUBJECT 2: Entering Non-existent Participants and Men in MOWINS
SUBJECT 3: Reminder - Hotel Reimbursement for Basic Orientation and MOWINS Training
SUBJECT 4: WIC May Invoices
SUBJECT 5: Reminder - New Descriptions for Enfamil LIPIL Formulas
- Truman Holiday-Friday, May 7th- WIC Help Desk Coverage: May 7, 2010 is a State holiday, there will be coverage on the WIC Help Desk from 8:00-5:00 but the rest of the State WIC Office will be closed. If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at Mark.Davis@health.mo.gov or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- Entering Non-existent Participants and Men in MOWINS: The State WIC Office has been informed that some local agency staff have entered data into MOWINS on pretend participants as practice in using MOWINS. State Office has also learned that local agency staff has entered non-existent participants into MOWINS as a way of blocking a staff member's schedule when he/she is out of the office. MOWINS has the capability of showing a staff member as "out of the office" in the appointment scheduler. If you are not sure how to do this, contact the WIC Help Desk at 800-554-2544. State Office has also learned that some agencies have entered men who are the custodial parent of WIC infants or children as participants in MOWINS. Instead of doing this, local agency staff should schedule individual WIC participants (child or infant) in the appointment scheduler and place an alert that has the custodial parent’s information on the child or infant record. If agency staff has questions regarding this, they should contact their TA staff. Entering participants into MOWINS who are not real or not qualified to be on WIC must stop immediately. Only “real” participant data is to be entered. Entering false data will increase the size of the database, possibly slowing down the system and make it more likely for fraud to occur. It will affect the data integrity in MOWINS, which in turn will affect future reports. If you have already entered false participants please send Mark Davis (contact information is below) the State WIC IDs so the data can be removed from MOWINS. In the future, State WIC Office will regularly check the database to see if fake names are entered in MOWINS. There will be no sanction if agencies have entered this type of data in the past as long as no checks were issued to the non-existent participant; however future violations will have consequences.
If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at Mark.Davis@health.mo.gov or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- Reminder - Hotel Reimbursement for Basic Orientation and MOWINS Training: For agencies whose staff has attended the 2010 WIC Basic Orientation and MOWINS trainings in Jefferson City, please submit your one-time only request for reimbursement for the cost of overnight lodging at your earliest convenience following the training to facilitate timely reimbursement. The LWP should submit an invoice from the hotel showing zero balance due, and complete the attached template using their letterhead. Please refer to the Feb. 1, 2010 WIC Updates for detailed instructions. Submit the hotel invoice and request to: ATTN: Laura Weiler, DHSS-WIC, PO Box 570, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0570 or fax to 573/526-1470. If you have questions, contact Laura Weiler at Laura.Weiler@health.mo.gov.
- WIC May Invoices: WIC Invoices for May 2010, or earlier months, submitted for payment in the month of June, must be submitted through the Online WIC Invoicing Application by close of business Wednesday, June 9, 2010. Invoices submitted after that date will be held and paid in July 2010. This change in schedule complies with the close of State Fiscal Year 2010 payment processing deadlines. If you have questions please contact Laura Weiler at: Laura.Weiler@health.mo.gov or 573-526-7901.
- Reminder - New Descriptions for Enfamil LIPIL Formulas: This is a follow-up message to the WIC Update of April 19, 2010. The State office updated the descriptions for Enfamil LIPIL formulas on Sunday, May 2, 2010. Please see the revised new descriptions below. The new descriptions allow participants to purchase either Enfamil LIPIL or Enfamil Premium at WIC vendors. In order for you to have received this MOWINS revision, you needed to have logged off by 6:00 am, Sunday, May 2, 2010 to receive the food item updates on Monday, May 3, 2010.
Effective Period: May 3, 2010 – August 1, 2010
12.9 OZ ENFAMIL LIPIL W/ IRON POWDER
12.9 OZ ENFAMIL LIPIL W/ IRON OR 12.5 OZ ENFAMIL PREMIUM PWD
32 OZ ENFAMIL LIPIL W/ IRON R-T-U
1 QT (32 OZ) ENFAMIL LIPIL W/ IRON OR ENFAMIL PREMIUM RTU
13 OZ ENFAMIL LIPIL W/ IRON CONC.
13 OZ ENFAMIL LIPIL W/ IRON OR ENFAMIL PREMIUM CONC.
If you have any questions, please contact WIC Help Desk at 1-800-554-2544.
MOWINS Reimburse LWP Hotel Template
Currently no postings.