March 29, 2010 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Microcuvette & Analyzer Deliveries
SUBJECT 2: FFY 2011 WIC LAP Training
SUBJECT 3: Operating Systems Compatible with MOWINS
SUBJECT 4: WIC News Release
SUBJECT 5: Nutrition Resources ---- Limited Quantities Available!
SUBJECT 6: Growth Charts for Health Care Providers – Order by April 30, 2010!
SUBJECT 7: Denim Day
- Microcuvette & Analyzer Deliveries: Each agency scheduled to receive a shipment of microcuvettes and analyzers should be receiving their shipment very soon.
Once you have received your order, please verify the number of microcuvettes and analyzers received with the number listed on the packing slip. If the number of microcuvettes/analyzers in the package is the same as the packing slip, sign and date the packing slip. Please fax the packing slip to Leslie at the State WIC Office (573-526-1470) within one (1) week of receiving the shipment. Confirmation on the packing slip is required in order for the State WIC Office to pay for the microcuvettes. If the number of microcuvettes/analyzers received is different from the packing slip, please call Leslie at 1-800-392-8209. If you are unable to locate your packing slip, please send an email stating how many boxes or analyzers you received and the date you received the shipment to Leslie.Worrell@health.mo.gov
Also, Hemocue will contact the agencies with instructions about the process for returning old analyzers. Thank you for your prompt cooperation.
- FFY 2011 WIC LAP Training: A New 5 Year Plan will be implemented in Federal Fiscal Year 2011 (October 1, 2010-September 30, 2011) for LAP local agency goals and objectives. To accomplish this, extensive enhancements to the online LAP application have been developed. This year's training is optional, but strongly recommended for new LAP users. Experienced LAP users or those who feel they need a refresher may attend the training in person or view the FY2011 LAP Training Webinar. New this year, the Webinar will be separated into sections; you may view one section or all LAP Webinars. If you attend the training via webinar, you will be able to view it on a computer at your agency. You will not need to travel. Watch for the web address and instructions for webinars in the WIC Updates.
WIC LAP Training will be conducted in person at the following locations and dates:
7/6/10 920 Wildwood Drive, Jefferson City, MO
7/7/10 800 Haines Drive, Liberty, MO
7/8/10 1714 Prospect Drive, Macon, MO
7/9/10 4000 Jennings Station, Pine Lawn, MO
7/12/10 4653 South Campbell, Springfield, MO
7/13/10 2875 James Blvd., Poplar Bluff, MO
Each class will be one day from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. To register for the training, complete the attached registration form and e-mail to Betty.Cassidy@health.mo.gov or fax to 573-526-1470.
If you have questions about the training, contact Betty Cassidy at 800-392-8209 or 573-751-6198.
- Operating Systems Compatible with MOWINS: Currently Microsoft Windows XP is the only operating system that is compatible with MOWINS. Microsoft Vista will be compatible with MOWINS once we implement the next version of MOWINS, 2.02, which should be in May 2010. We do not have the exact date yet- will let you know as soon as we can. We do not know when Microsoft Windows 7 will be compatible with MOWINS. This is being worked on; we will tell you the date when we know it.
If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at Mark.Davis@health.mo.gov or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- WIC News Release: Please see the attached news release that the State WIC office has published informing Missouri residents of the WIC program. The LWPS can use this news release as needed. If you have any questions, please contact your district technical assistance staff member.
- Nutrition Resources-Limited Quantities Available! The following nutrition resource items are available for local WIC providers:
- Cultural Competency-201
- Sesame Workshop - Families Stand Together Kits
- Sesame Street Cook Books
- Sesame, Get Healthy Now Show Kits
- Fruit And Veggie Champions, (Bookmarks)
- Fruits And Vegetables, "More Matters"
- Eat Healthy, L Stickers
- Growing Girl Stickers
- Growing Boy, Stickers
On March 30, 2010, local WIC coordinators will receive an e-mail message with a link to the survey monkey to order the items listed above. If you would like to receive them, please complete the survey by April 15, 2010. When these resource items are depleted, they may no longer be available at the DHSS warehouse. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Growth Charts for Health Care Providers – Order by April 30, 2010:
The attachment is the request form (WIC 18) for health care providers. The state WIC office plans to discontinue the growth charts by the end of April 2010. Please share this information with health care providers in your area.
- Growth Chart, B-36 month (Girls)
- Growth Chart, B-36 months (Boys)
- Growth Chart, 2-5 years old (Girls)
- Growth Chart, 2-5 years old (Boys)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Denim Day: The Office on Women’s Health invites not-for-profits, businesses, organizations, schools, etc. to participate in our rape education and awareness campaign, Denim Day, Thursday, April 22, 2010. Additional information and a registration form can be found at the Denim Day website. OWH will again be providing Denim Day lapel pins, bookmarks, flyers and posters for organizations participating. If you have questions please contact the Office on Women’s Health at 573.526.0445 or email email@example.com.