June 1, 2010 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: MOWINS Release 2.02.08 – On target for June 28, 2010
SUBJECT 2: Changes to HDFS Screen in Mainframe Production
SUBJECT 3: Updates to the WIC Resources
SUBJECT 4: WIC May Invoices
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: WIC Nutritionists/Dietitians—Truman Medical Centers
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Camden County Health Department
- MOWINS Release 2.02.08 – On target for June 28, 2010: A new release will be in MOWINS production on Monday, June 28. A previous WIC Updates announced that this release would go out on May 24. Due to some delays, that did not happen and we apologize.
Release 2.02.08 will have several enhancements and bug fixes to the MOWINS system. This release will also contain an upgrade to the SQL Server 2008 hardware. In order to give you the information needed to prepare all WIC computers for this release, an e-mail will be sent to WIC Coordinators and Nutrition Coordinators during the week of June 1. Please follow the instructions in that e-mail to assure that each computer in the agency will run Release 2.02.08. If your agency does not receive this e-mail, please contact Melissa Seaver at Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org. Because of the size of the release, I suggest you allow up to one hour to download the updates.
WIC staff is working on completing three webinars to introduce the enhancements (Nutrition and Admin) and bug fixes that will be in Release 2.02.08. The webinars will be available for viewing the morning of Monday, June 14, 2010. All local agency staff is strongly encouraged to review these webinars prior to June 28, 2010. If agency staff do not have access to the Crystal website, an ASAP will need to be completed. A link to the ASAP form and instructions for completing it can be found at WIC LWP - Data. If you need assistance completing the ASAP form for WIC Crystal reports, please contact the WIC help desk at 800-554-2544.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Melissa Seaver at 573-751-6489 or Melissa.email@example.com
- Changes to HDFS Screen in Mainframe Production: Effective June 7, 2010, a change will be made to the HDFS screen to incorporate participants who may be enrolled in the Aged/Blind/Disabled (MOHABD) Missouri MOHEALTHNET program. Participants who are in this program may or may not meet the WIC income level. These participants will show a blank space in the MOHEALTHNET field of the HDFS screen instead of a “Yes” or “No”. These participants are not adjunct eligible, additional income verification would need to be done to determine if the participant is eligible for WIC. There are no changes to the TANF or Food Stamps portion of this screen or for participants who are not in the MOHABD program.
The attachment shows the changes you may see. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Seaver at Melissa.Seaver@health.mo.gov.
- The following are updates to the WIC Resources
- Food to Grow on (English) #618: Attached is the updated version of the Food to Grow On brochure in English. The State office plans to ship the brochures to all local WIC providers during the week of June 7, 2010. In the meantime, please feel free to make copies as needed. This brochure is also being translated into various languages. The Spanish version may be available in late July or early August.
- My Pyramid in Action Tips for Pregnant Moms (#599): My Pyramid in Action Tips for Pregnant Moms will be available in 12 languages the week of May 31, 2010 through the website. Please feel free to make copies as needed.
- Participant’s Rights and Responsibilities (WIC 10 M – Laminated Version): The Participant’s Rights and Responsibilities sheet is being revised and printed. The State office plans to ship the laminated version of the WIC 10 M to all local WIC providers during the month of June. Please begin using the new laminated sheet (Pink) when the shipment is received and destroy the current laminated sheets (Green). Please make sure that any older versions (Yellow or Blue) have also been destroyed.
If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- WIC May Invoices: WIC Invoices for May 2010, or earlier months, submitted for payment in the month of June, must be submitted through the Online WIC Invoicing Application by close of business Wednesday, June 9, 2010. Invoices submitted after that date will be held and paid in July 2010. This change in schedule complies with the close of State Fiscal Year 2010 payment processing deadlines. If you have questions please contact Laura Weiler at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-526-7901.
WIC Nutritionists/Dietitians—Truman Medical Centers
If you share our passion for healthcare excellence, take your place among the best at Truman Medical Centers, the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Kansas City. Named one of the nation's top academic medical centers, we’re a primary teaching two-hospital system for the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Health Sciences.
TMC has experienced considerable growth currently serving over 15,000 participants per month at multiple locations throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area and Jackson County. As a result of our growth, we are seeking to recruit compassionate, energetic, self-directed co-workers who are looking for a dynamic career opportunity in community nutrition with clinical benefits.
To learn more, visit http://www.trumed.org/truweb/ selecting the Careers tab to Apply Online by searching for “WIC” jobs. If you have any questions please call or email Brenda Brewer at 816-404-9743 Brenda.Brewer@tmcmed.org or Jim Wheaton at 816-404-9745 Jim.Wheaton@tmcmed.org.The Camden County Health Department is looking to fill a part-time WIC Nutritionist position. This position will require a minimum of graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public health nutrition, dietetics, nutrition, foods, home economics, or closely related field, including or supplemented by at least 15 semester hours in foods and nutrition including at least 1 course in diet therapy and 1 course in community nutrition. Please submit resumes to Susan Puyear, WIC Coordinator at email@example.com or fax to 573-346-0173. For questions, call 573-346-7271 ext 210. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.