January 19, 2010 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: WIC Help Desk Meetings
SUBJECT 2: 2010 WIC Customer Satisfaction Survey
SUBJECT 3: Breastfeeding Conference, Save the Date
SUBJECT 4: Extra Formula
SUBJECT 5: Update on Enfamil Premium LIPIL – (Name and Label Changes)
- WIC Help Desk Meetings: The WIC Help Desk staff will be meeting on a monthly basis beginning January 22, 2010. These meetings will be held on Fridays from 8:15 am to 10:15 am. There will be no Help Desk Coverage during this time. We chose these hours because some local agencies are not open on Fridays and there are not usually many calls. Although staff will not be available during these hours, feel free to leave a message and all calls will be returned as soon as possible. The dates in 2010 are as follows: January 22, February 19, March 19, April 20, May 21, June 18, July 23, August 20, September 24, October 22, November 12 and December 17. The purpose of these meetings is to review processes and procedures in order to provide the highest quality customer service to local agencies and WIC participants.
If you have questions, please contact the WIC Help Desk at 800-554-2544 or WICHelpDesk@health.mo.gov.
- 2010 WIC Customer Satisfaction Survey: The Missouri WIC Program wants to find out how well we meet the needs of our customers, the WIC families. In March and April 2010, twenty-one (21) local WIC agencies have been selected to conduct the WIC Customer Satisfaction Survey.
These agencies were selected due to the diverse population they served. The selected WIC agencies are Barry Co., Camden Co., City of St. Joseph, Columbia-Boone Co., Crescent Clinic, Dunklin Co., Family Care, Grace Hill, Howell Co., St. Louis HDC, Joplin City, McDonald Co., Newton Co., Pettis Co., Saline Co., Samuel Rodgers, Springfield-Greene Co., St. Charles Co., Taney Co., Truman Medical Center, and St. Louis Co.
In order to improve services for all of our customers, the English version of the survey has been translated to Spanish, Somali, Bosnian, Vietnamese, Arabic, and Russian. The selected local WIC agencies will receive instructions and printed copies of the survey in English and other languages in early February. Attached is the English version of the WIC Customer Satisfaction Survey. Agencies that are not part of this project can make copies of the attached survey for your use. If you want copies of the survey in other languages, the data base to use for data entry, or have questions related to this project, please contact Annie Siu-Norman by e-mail Annie.Siu-Norman@health.mo.gov or call her at (573) 522-9149.
- Breastfeeding Conference, Save the Date: Pettis County WIC will be hosting “The Business Case for Breastfeeding” on Monday, July 12, 2010 in Sedalia. This conference covers how to present the “business case” for breastfeeding to employers, including understanding employer barriers to providing breastfeeding support, “business” messages that resonate, and creative outreach strategies. More information on the conference and how to register will be posted in the WIC Updates at a later date. If you have any questions please contact Kathy Mertzlufft at Kathy.Mertzlufft@health.mo.gov or by phone at 573-526-4792.
- Extra Formula: Attached is a current listing of extra formula available at different LWPs and guiding principles for shipping created to assist you when sending or receiving extra supplies of infant formula. Red shading means the formula will be expiring in the next quarter. Please check the listing in order to utilize formulas with the most recent expiration date first, prior to placing an order, to help keep food costs down. Also be sure to notify your district nutritionist or Michelle Nienhuis at Michelle.Nienhuis@health.mo.gov when you have unused formula available at your agency so it may be added to the database. If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Nienhuis at 1-800-392-8209.
- Update on Enfamil Premium LIPIL – (Name and Label Changes): This is a follow up to the message in the WIC Update (January 4, 2010). Mead Johnson Nutrition (MJN) has postponed the plan for changes to Enfamil Premium LIPIL’s name and label. Therefore, the name of Enfamil Premium LIPIL in MOWINS will not be changed on February 1, 2010. Attached is the notification letter from MJN dated January 13, 2010. Please share this information with your staff. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.