April 26, 2010 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: WIC May Invoices
SUBJECT 2: Income Guidelines
SUBJECT 3: Over the Telephone Foreign Language Interpretation-New Statewide Contract
SUBJECT 4: Plastic Sleeve Shipment
SUBJECT 5: WIC Job Announcements
- WIC May Invoices: WIC Invoices for May 2010, or prior months, submitted for payment in the month of June, must be submitted through the Online WIC Invoicing Application by close of business on Wednesday, June 9, 2010. Invoices submitted after that date will be held and paid in July 2010. This change in schedule complies with the close of State Fiscal Year 2010 payment processing deadlines. If you have questions please contact Laura Weiler at: email@example.com or 573-526-7901.
- Income Guidelines: The release of the income guidelines for April 1, 2010- March 31, 2011 has been delayed again. In the meantime, continue to use the current income guidelines (April 1, 2009- March 31, 2010). These income guidelines have recently been extended thru May 31, 2010. As soon as updated income guidelines are available, the local WIC agencies will be notified. If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at Mark.Davis@health.mo.gov or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- Over the Telephone Foreign Language Interpretation-New Statewide Contract:
The State WIC office was notified that the new statewide contractor for over the telephone foreign language interpretation will be Language Select effective May 1, 2010. CTS Language Link contract will be available through April 30, 2010 only. If you are a local public health agency and have been using the statewide contract with CTS Language Link, please make the necessary arrangements (i.e. setting up an account number) to make the change in service to Language Select if you wish to continue using the statewide contract. Please note that charges for language interpretation are allowable expenses under your Local WIC Provider contract.
Below is the contact information at Language Select to set up an account:
Robert Palmer, Customer Care Team
If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Plastic Sleeve Shipment: The State WIC office has been shipping plastic sleeves to local WIC providers on a quarterly basis. WIC Coordinators/Supply Contact Persons will receive an e-mail message on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 with a link to the survey monkey to answer questions about quantities of plastic sleeves that your agency needs. Please complete the questionnaire by May 7, 2010. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please feel free to contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- WIC Job Announcements: At the request of local WIC agencies, we are adding a section at the end of the WIC Update for local WIC providers to post WIC job announcements. This is a service specifically for local agencies to let each other know of the availability of WIC jobs. The attached guidelines have been developed for agencies to use in preparing a short job posting. We encourage agencies to submit short descriptions with contact information and/or internet links to longer job descriptions. If you have questions, please contact your district TA team.
Guidelines for Job Announcement