May 26, 2009 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: WIC-24 May Invoices
SUBJECT 2: HANDS Retirement/MOWINS Celebration
SUBJECT 3: MOWINS Proxy Policy
SUBJECT 4: MOWINS Formulas and Foods Reference Sheets (FFRS) Effective: June 1, 2009 – September 30, 2009
- WIC-24 May Invoices: WIC-24 Invoices for May 2009, or earlier, submitted for payment in the month of June, must be submitted through the Online WIC Invoicing Application by close of business Friday, June 5, 2009. Any invoices submitted after that date will be held and paid in July 2009. This change in schedule complies with State Fiscal Year 2009 payment processing deadlines. If you have questions please contact Laura Weiler at: email@example.com or 573-526-7901.
- HANDS Retirement/MOWINS Celebration: You are invited to the HANDS Retirement/MOWINS Celebration on August 17th from 2:30-5:00 in the Maple and Birch conference rooms at 930 Wildwood in Jefferson City. We will honor HANDS, our former data system and celebrate the hard work of staff to transition to MOWINS, our new data system. Please contact Susan Guerrant at Susan.Guerrant@health.mo.gov or phone 573-751-3661 or 800-392-8209 if you plan to attend. If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at Mark.Davis@health.mo.gov or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- MOWINS Proxy Policy: Per WOM policy, a maximum of two proxies may be designated for a household at any given time in MOWINS. The LWP will record the alternative representative/proxy name(s) in the Demographic (AdditionalInfo2) Screen in MOWINS. If the guardian wants to change the proxy designation, two proxy form templates in MOWINS are available—look under File/System Outputs/Documents. The Proxy Consent form can be used to authorize a proxy to pick up FIs and the Alternate Authorized Representative (re-enrollment of minor) form can be used to allow a proxy to bring an infant or a child to the clinic for recertification. Local agency developed Proxy and Alternate Representative forms will not be allowed. After changing the proxy name(s) in MOWINS, the forms should be scanned into the participant’s record. The proxy can sign the Rights and Responsibilities statement in MOWINS. The proxy for FI pick-up must be at least 16 years of age. The proxy for re-enrollment of a minor must be at least 18 years of age. If you have questions, please contact your Technical Assistance (TA) team.
- MOWINS Formulas and Foods Reference Sheets (FFRS) Effective: June 1, 2009 – September 30, 2009: The MOWINS Formulas and Foods Reference Sheets have been updated. There are two versions available for local WIC providers:
- Full FFRS (Effective: June 1, 2009 – September 30, 2009)
- Only updated pages (Summary page, Sections A, B, and C.)