May 18, 2009 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Memorial Day- May 25, 2009
SUBJECT 2: Enfamil LIPIL with Iron (Powder) and Nutramigen LIPIL (powder)
SUBJECT 3: New Food Package Implementation
SUBJECT 4: MOWINS Release Notes
- Memorial Day- May 25, 2009: The State WIC Office, including the MOWINS/HANDS Help Desk, will be closed on Monday, May 25, 2009.
If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at Mark.Davis@health.mo.gov or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- Enfamil LIPIL with Iron (Powder, 12.9 oz) and Nutramigen LIPIL (Powder, 16 oz) have not been available at some of WIC vendors. However, Mead Johnson Nutritionals (MJN) is still manufacturing these formulas. The following are updates and suggestions to address this issue if these formulas are not available at local WIC vendors.
a.Enfamil LIPIL with Iron Powder (12.9 oz.)
According to the latest update from MJN, Enfamil LIPIL with Iron Powder (12.9 oz) will be available at WIC vendors beginning the week of May 18, 2009. They apologize for any confusion that was created. Enfamil LIPIL with Iron has NOT been discontinued.
b.Nutramigen LIPIL Powder (16 oz.)
- Contact the State WIC office and arrange direct shipment.
- Transition from Nutramigen LIPIL to Nutramigen LIPIL with Enflora LGG
- The current Nutramigen LIPIL (Powder, 16 oz.) will be replaced with the new formula Nutramigen LIPIL with Enflora LGG (Powdered, 12.6 oz) in MOWINS effective August 1, 2009.
- A new medical documentation (WIC 29) is required to issue Nutramigen LIPIL with Enflora LGG.
- Nutramigen LIPIL with Enflora LGG will be available in MOWINS effective June 1, 2009.
- Use a SF_____ food package in HANDS when issuing checks for Nutramigen LIPIL with Enflora LGG.
- Nutramigen LIPIL (Powder, 16 oz) will not be available in MOWINS effective August 1, 2009.
- Issue Nutramigen LIPIL (Concentrate) as alternative.
Nutramigen LIPIL (Concentrate, Ready-To-Use) will continue to be available at WIC vendors. For issuing Enfamil LIPIL (R-T-U), please follow Policy ER# 2.06900.
The updated MOWINS Formulas and Foods Reference Sheets (FFRS) – Effective June 1, 2009 will be available via WIC UPDATES on May 26, 2009. If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- New Food Package Implementation: Due to MOWINS implementation and the work involved in testing the new food package, the State WIC office will not be implementing the new WIC food packages until October 1, 2009. This will allow more time to continue developing education materials for the WIC participants, communicating to the physicians about the new food packages, and will allow more time for the LWPs to train their staff after the June and July new food package trainings. Checks for the new food packages will not be issued until October 1. Those participants issued tri-monthly checks in August will receive the old food package for August, September and October. Those participants issued tri-monthly checks in September; they will receive the old food package for September, October and November. If you have any questions, please contact your district TA person.
- MOWINS Release Notes: There is a new header on MOWINS News under the Help Desk Alerts icon called MOWINS Release Notes (Summary of fixes in MOWINS). The purpose of this information is to give you a summary of the bug fixes and/or enhancements that will be implemented in MOWINS production in the future. It can also be referred to after implementation as needed. This list is a summary only and will not include any detail. We hope that in reading the summary, it will give you enough information so that you can anticipate fixes for bugs that have been reported. We will update this site with new release notes as we receive them from Covansys along with the anticipated implementation date. You can go to this website.
Please contact Melissa Seaver at Melissa.Seaver@health.mo.gov or 573-751-6489 with questions.