March 23, 2009 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Transfers from HANDS to MOWINS or MOWINS to HANDS
SUBJECT 2: Missouri WIC Income Guidelines April 1, 2009- March 31, 2010
SUBJECT 3: FFY 2010 WIC LAP Training
SUBJECT 4: MOWINS Check Paper and MICR Ink Cartridges
SUBJECT 5: MOWINS News – Help Desk Alerts
SUBJECT 6: WIC Household Food Instrument Register Form (MOWINS Back-Up Form) WIC-31
SUBJECT 7: REMINDER: Mandatory New Food Package Training
- Transfers from HANDS to MOWINS or MOWINS to HANDS: Effective Immediately – All agencies (HANDS and MOWINS) must call the WIC help desk if a participant is transferring to/from your agency and the transfer is HANDS to MOWINS or MOWINS to HANDS. This will prevent problems with data conversion and duplicated records. Please contact the WIC help desk at 800-554-2544 for questions.
- Missouri WIC Income Guidelines April 1, 2009- March 31, 2010: The Income Guidelines for April 1, 2009 - March 31, 2010 are attached. These are draft guidelines pending final approval from USDA. HANDS and MOWINS will automatically apply the new income guidelines after 4/1/2009. When the guidelines are approved, we will print, laminate and mail them to you.
If you have questions, contact Betty Cassidy at Betty.Cassidy@health.mo.gov or 800-392-8209 or 573-751-6198.
- FFY 2010 WIC LAP Training: Federal Fiscal Year 2010 WIC LAP Training will be conducted July 21, 23, 29 & 30 in Jefferson City at the DHSS Technical Training Room in 920 Wildwood in Jefferson City from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. This training is similar to the mandatory training conducted for all local WIC providers last year. This year's training is optional, but is recommended for anyone who completes any part of the LAP and did not attend the training last year or those who feel they would benefit from a refresher. Enhancements which will make the LAP more user-friendly are in process (ex. Navigation between screens, consistent ‘Back’ and ‘Next’ buttons, and editing improvements). If you are not able to attend this training, notification of the enhancements will appear in the WIC Updates at a later date. To register for the training, complete the attached registration form and e-mail to Betty.Cassidy@health.mo.gov or fax to 573-526-1470. If you have questions about the training, contact Betty Cassidy at 800-392-8209 or 573-751-6198.
- MOWINS Check Paper and MICR Ink Cartridges: Orders for MOWINS check paper and MICR ink cartridges for WIC checks will be filled every two weeks, on the 15th and 28th of the month. Please keep these dates in mind as you place your orders so the paper or ink cartridges can be sent to you in a timely manner.
If you have questions, please contact Peggy Maupin at Peggy.Maupin@health.mo.gov or 800-392-8209 or 573-522-9147.
- MOWINS News – Help Desk Alerts: The MOWINS news page has two help desk icons. One is for general help desk information and the other is for help desk alerts. The help desk information icon will be used for general help desk information such as cheat sheets and how-to guides. The help desk alerts icon will be used to alert users of known system bugs, work-a rounds or other priority information. Please be sure to check the help desk alerts icon on a regular basis as it could save you a call to the help desk. Please contact the WIC Help Desk at 800-554-2544 or WICHelpDesk@health.mo.gov for questions.
- WIC Household Food Instrument Register Form (MOWINS Back-Up Form) WIC-31:
The State Office has developed a new form titled “WIC Household Food Instrument Register Form (Back-Up Form) WIC-31”. This form is designed to be used when food instrument signature is not captured in MOWINS. You will be notified through the WIC UPDATE when the form will be available at the DHSS warehouse. In the meantime, please feel free to make copies as needed. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- REMINDER: Mandatory New Food Package Training: The one-day training will be offered at several sites and dates throughout the state and provide attendees with an overview of the new WIC food packages. Training is mandatory for two attendees per agency - one must be the Nutrition Coordinator. If additional staff is registered, they will be placed on a waiting list and confirmation will be processed as space permits. Dates and locations are listed on the attached registration form. Our motto for the new food package is “THE NEW WIC: FOOD AND FOCUS.” Registration deadline is May 15, 2009. If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact D'Anne Ward at 1-800-392-8209 or email email@example.com.
Food Instrument Register (MOWINS BACK UP) Without Per Visit 03-23-09
LAP Training Registration Form