February 17, 2009 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Date Change - Discontinuation of LactoFree LIPIL (Effective February 23, 2009)
SUBJECT 2: New Nutrition Education Materials
SUBJECT 3: National Nutrition Month
- Date Change - Discontinuation of LactoFree LIPIL (Effective February 23, 2009): This is to update local WIC providers that State office will stop issuing checks in HANDS and MOWINS for LactoFree LIPIL starting February 23, 2009 instead of March 1, 2009. We found that LactoFree LIPIL is not available at some WIC Vendors.
As we notified you through WIC UPDATE (January 23, 2009), Mead Johnson Nutritionals will discontinue manufacturing Enfamil LactoFree LIPIL formula (Powdered, Concentrate, and Ready-To-Use).
Please share this information with your staff. The WIC State office recommends your staff inform participants who are receiving LactoFree LIPIL to discuss this change with their physician. If you have a question, please contact your TA nutritionist.
- New Nutrition Education Materials: The following new nutrition education materials are available at the DHSS warehouse:
- Formula Preparation Guide Handout (Bilingual) # 191
- Relief from Common Problems of Pregnancy - Spanish # 593
- Two Healthy Smiles – English #186
Please use the updated WIC 7 form (02/09 version) when you order these items. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- National Nutrition Month®: is right around the corner. Attached is the National Nutrition Month Challenge developed by the Bureau of Health Promotion, Department of Health and Senior Services. The challenge, based on the theme “Eat Right” offers a month of tasks designed to encourage “Eat Right” habits. This challenge can be used as an activity with WIC participants and among local agency staff. For more information on National Nutrition Month, please visit the website http://www.eatright.org/nnm/. Nutrition education resources and quizzes are available for downloading through the website at http://www.eatright.org/nnm/. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please contact Pat Kramer at email@example.com.
National Nutrition Month Nutrition Challenge2009--WIC1
WIC-7 Nutrition Education Material Request Form 02-11-09