November 24, 2008 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: PedNSS and PNSS 2006 Data Summaries
SUBJECT 2: Missouri WIC Customer Satisfaction Report
SUBJECT 3: WIC 24 Online System Update - October due date extended
SUBJECT 4: HANDS Access
SUBJECT 5: Missouri Tobacco Quitline 1-800-QUITNOW
SUBJECT 6: Revised WIC Nutrition Resource Request Form (WIC-7 form)
- PedNSS and PNSS 2006 Data Summaries: The 2006 data summaries for the Pediatric Nutrition and Pregnancy Nutrition Surveillance Systems (PedNSS and PNSS) have been posted to the Department web page. These reports summarize key pediatric health indicators of infants and children, age birth to 5 years, participating in the Missouri WIC program in 2006 and key maternal health indicators of women participating in WIC in 2006. These reports can be accessed on the website, scroll to the bottom of the page and clicking on the link to the specific report you want to read. Both reports include data maps. If you have questions on how you can use this data in your local program, please contact your technical assistance district nutritionist.
- Missouri WIC Customer Satisfaction Report: The Missouri WIC Customer Satisfaction Report has been posted to the Department web page. It reports the results of the 2008 survey designed to estimate the impact of language background on WIC participant’s satisfaction and the program’s ability to meet the needs of different cultural groups. The report can be accessed on the website, and then clicking on the report. In addition, a PowerPoint summary of the report is available for your use with local agency staff. This summary can be used in working with agency staff on customer service issues or with boards/agency administrators as an educational tool. If you have questions about the report, please contact Annie Siu-Norman at Annie.Siu-Norman@health.mo.gov
- WIC 24 Online System Update: WIC 24 Online System Update for the 2009 invoice processing is up and running. We have processed 47 local agency October invoices for payment. Due to the delay in system availability, the due date has been extended to December 5, 2008 for the October local agency WIC 24 invoices to be entered into the system. All agencies can enter invoices at this time if access to the system has been approved. If you are waiting for your WIC-24 access to be approved, please make sure your local agency security officer (LSO) has processed your ASAP request for access. We cannot process any ASAP requests at the state agency until the LSO has approved it. Thank you for working with us through the successful transition to the 2009 WIC 24 Online Invoicing system.
- HANDS Access: This is a reminder to delete HANDS access of WIC staff when they leave your agency or when they move to a different part of your agency and no longer work in WIC. You should delete their access as soon as possible after they leave. This will help ensure appropriate security of WIC data. To delete HANDS access you need to do an ASAP form. The attached document has the instructions on how to do the ASAP.
If you have questions, please call the WIC Help Desk at 800-554-2544.
- Missouri Tobacco Quitline 1-800-QUITNOW: “Do you know which services are available through the Missouri Tobacco Quitline 1-800-QUITNOW program?” The Proactive telephone cessation counseling and nicotine replacement therapy are available through the program. Please see attached items:
a. Missouri Quitline Services
- Missouri Tobacco Quitline Card (#958)
- Missouri Tobacco Quitline Card For Pregnant Women (#510)
- Fax Referral Form and Process
b. Memorandum from the Missouri Tobacco Prevention Program Coordinator
The “Missouri Tobacco Quitline Card for Pregnant Women (#510)” was developed in collaboration with the Bureau of Health Promotion and the Bureau of Genetics and Healthy Childhood to encourage WIC pregnant women who smoke to receive services from the Missouri Quitline. Please share this information with the WIC CPA and recommend the use of services available for WIC participants who smoke. Please order the cards using the WIC-7 form (11-08 version) as needed. If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov
- Revised WIC Nutrition Resource Request Form (WIC-7 form): Attached is the revised WIC Nutrition Resource Request Form (WIC-7 form). Please begin using the revised WIC-7 form. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.