June 2, 2008 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Change to the Income Question on the H202 screen
SUBJECT 2: FFY2009 WIC State Plan Goals and Objectives
SUBJECT 3: New HANDS Help Desk Staff Person
SUBJECT 4: HANDS Help Desk Coverage- June 18
SUBJECT 5: WIC 24 June Submission Deadline June 9
SUBJECT 6: FDA Alert on Mommy's Bliss Nipple Cream
SUBJECT 7: Recall of Formula
- Change to the Income Question on the H202 screen: There has been some confusion on how to answer the income update question on the H202 common data screen- whether to answer the question Yes or No. That question has been changed to hopefully help with this. This change will be implemented on June 9, 2008. The question will read: "Is this a Follow-Up to Missing Proof? Y/N". If it is, answer Y (yes), if it isn't, answer N (no). We apologize for the confusion when we first implemented this change.
Please contact Melissa Seaver at email@example.com or 573-751-6489 or 800 392-8209 for questions.
- FFY2009 WIC State Plan Goals and Objectives: The State WIC Office is soliciting your comments on Missouri’s planned Goals, Objectives and Strategies for Federal Fiscal Year 2009 (October 1, 2008 and ending September 30, 2009). USDA requires states to develop an annual plan that includes goals on nutrition services initiatives to promote and support breastfeeding, vendor management, and other program goals. USDA’s National priorities include: revitalizing quality nutrition services through value enhanced nutrition assessment (VENA); breastfeeding; and reducing overweight and obesity in children (sometimes referred to as Fit WIC). The Missouri plan addresses USDA’s national priorities and requirements in addition to a focus on improving customer service. The FFY09 Goals, Objectives and Strategies can be found in the attached document. Please send your comments by June 30, 2008 to the attention of Lyn.Konstant@health.mo.gov.
- New HANDS Help Desk Staff Person: We are pleased to announce that Jayna Slade will join WIC and Nutrition Services on June 2. Jayna will work as an Information Support Coordinator with the Customer Service Unit. Jayna comes to us from Miller County Health Department, where she worked three years as a WIC clerk, using HANDS on a daily basis, and also worked with the MCH contract and the Safe Cribs program. Shortly after she begins work on June 2, she will begin answering calls on the Helps Desk as the primary Help Desk staff person. Please join us in welcoming her as part of the WIC family.
If you have questions, contact Glenn Studebaker firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-751-6198 or 800-392-8209.
- HANDS Help Desk Coverage- June 18: There will be no HANDS Help Desk Coverage from 1:00-5:00 on June 18, 2008 due to a staff meeting.
If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at email@example.com or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- WIC 24 June Submission Deadline June 9: The Missouri WIC Program has been notified that the state's SFY2008 end-of-year processing close-out date, the absolute deadline for the processing for payment WIC-24 Monthly Administrative Cost Report Invoices, will be close-of-business Tuesday, June 10, 2008. Therefore, in order for the program to conduct the processing needed to create Administrative Cost Report payment documents, all WIC-24s to be paid in the month of June must be received at the state WIC office by close of business (COB) Monday, June 9, 2008.
WIC-24 invoices received after the June 9 deadline will continue to be reviewed and entered as received, but payment can not be expected until mid-July 2008, after the state's accounting system becomes available. If you have any questions regarding the deadline or processing requirements please contact Jim Schindler at James.Schindler@health.mo.gov at the state WIC office.
- FDA Alert on Mommy's Bliss Nipple Cream: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers not to use or purchase Mommy's Bliss Nipple Cream, marketed by MOM Enterprises, Inc., because the product contains potentially harmful ingredients that may cause respiratory distress or vomiting and diarrhea in infants. Please see the following link for more information: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/default.htm
- Recall of Formula: Abbott Announces Voluntary Worldwide Recall of Two Lots of Calcilo XD Low-Calcium/Vitamin D-Free Infant Formula with Iron Powder in 14.1-Ounce (400g) Cans (May 30)
Sat, 31 May 2008 09:50:00 -0500
Abbott announced a voluntary worldwide recall of two lots of Calcilo XD Low-Calcium/Vitamin D-Free Infant Formula with Iron powder in 14.1-ounce cans (400g). Only 14.1-ounce (400g) cans are involved in this action. Calcilo XD is a low-calcium and vitamin D-free infant formula that is specifically designed for the nutrition support of infants and children with hypercalcemia (high calcium in blood). It is only available by special order.