January 22, 2008 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: 2008 Enhancement Project Email Contact Changed
SUBJECT 2: No HANDS Help Desk Coverage
SUBJECT 3: Redesign of Green "Computer" WIC Check Stock
SUBJECT 4: New Message Printed At Bottom of Food Area on WIC Checks
- 2008 Enhancement Project Email Contact Changed: Wendy Werner will be the new person collecting the emailed applications. Please email your application to Wendy at Wendy.Werner@health.mo.gov. Applications are still due by COB January 31, 2007. Contact your District Team or Kathleen Davis at Kathleen.Davis@health.mo.gov with questions. The original article is in the December 3, 2007 WIC Update.
- No HANDS Help Desk Coverage-February 2008 Holidays and Meetings:
There will no HANDS Help Desk coverage and the State WIC Office will be closed on February 12 and 18 for holidays. There will be no HANDS Help Desk coverage on February 27 from 1:00-5:00 and on February 28 from 8:00-3:00 for staff meetings.
If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- Redesign of Green "Computer" WIC Check Stock:
Agencies have started to receive shipments of redesigned green (MOGREEN, "Computer") check stock. Three changes were implemented:
- The PAY EXACTLY box in which the store cashier handwrites the amount of the redemption has been relocated to make space for the next change.
- The box in which the four-digit WIC Vendor number is stamped by the redeeming store has been enlarged and shifted slightly to the left creating a green margin to the right of the box.
- The box for the PARTICIPANT'S SIGNATURE, which has also been shifted to the left.
These changes were made to prevent the fourth digit of the vendor number from being chopped off when check images are created by banks causing some checks to be rejected when processed for payment. Banks are now transmitting electronic images of most deposited WIC Checks through the banking system instead of paper.
- New Message Printed At Bottom of Food Area on WIC Checks:
The message printed as the last line on green, "Computer", WIC Checks has been changed to read: "ALLOW ALL FOOD LISTED EVEN IF SALE EXCEEDS CHECK AMT". This change is made in order to remind store staff that all eligible items listed on the check are to be allowed for purchase even if the dollar amount of the transaction exceeds the MAXIMUM amount printed on the check. Stores have a procedure to follow with the state WIC office if they wish to appeal the max pricing. Questions regarding this change may be directed to Bridgett Henderson at Bridgett.Henderson@health.mo.gov or by calling 1-800-392-8209.