February 25, 2008 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: HANDS System Down- March 15, 2008
SUBJECT 2: Plastic Sleeves For the WIC Participant ID Folders
SUBJECT 3: Nutrition Resource Packet
SUBJECT 4: Size Change Nursette Products - Mead Johnson Nutritionals (MJN)
- HANDS System Down- March 15, 2008: Department of Social Services is planning on running updates to the mainframe system, including HANDS, during the weekend of March 15-16, 2008. At this time, the plan is tentative. Please plan accordingly for any clinics you may have scheduled for Saturday, March 15. If you have a clinic scheduled for this day, you may want to cancel it or move it to another day. When we receive additional information from DSS, we will post it in the WIC Updates. You may use manual FIs or pre-print FIs according to policy ER# 3.05250.
Please contact Melissa Seaver at email@example.com or 573-751-6489 for questions. Please contact your district TA Team for assistance with interpretation of the above policy.
- Plastic Sleeves For the WIC Participant ID Folders: Plastic sleeves (100,000) will be available at the DHSS warehouse by March 1, 2008. Please begin ordering the plastic sleeves using the attached WIC Supply Request Form (WIC-8) as needed. If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at 1-800-392-8209 or e-mail Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Nutrition Resource Packet: All local WIC providers should have received a small packet containing the following items:
- Samples of the immunization brochures
- One set of the National Nutrition Month activity sheets (Reproducible).
Please order the immunization brochures from the warehouse using the DHSS Literature Request Form (DH-47) as needed. Please make copies of activity sheets for National Nutrition Month activities for WIC participants and worksite activities. If you have not received your packet by February 26, 2008 please contact Takako Tagami at 1-800-392-8209 or e-mail Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Size Change Nursette Products - Mead Johnson Nutritionals (MJN): MJN is changing the size of nursette products from a 3-oz bottle to a 2-oz plastic bottle. If your agency receives a request for MJN’s nursette product, please contact the State WIC office at 1-800-392-8209 to arrange a direct shipment. If you have any questions on this change, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
Immunization Brochures Available in DHSS Warehouse
WIC-8 Supply Request Form 02-20-08