August 4, 2008 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: HANDS Help Desk Coverage- August 27 & 28, 2008
SUBJECT 2: ALERT - September Basic Orientation Training dates have been changed to September 2 & 3, 2008
SUBJECT 3: WIC Approved Food List - Chinese Language
SUBJECT 4: Egg Size Change
SUBJECT 5: WIC-24 Online Invoice Training - Save the Date
- HANDS Help Desk Coverage- August 27 & 28, 2008: There will be no HANDS Help Desk Coverage from 1:00-5:00 on August 27 and from 8:00-3:30 on August 28 due to staff meetings.
If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- ALERT: September Basic Orientation Training dates have been changed to September 2 & 3, 2008 in order to accommodate MOWINS training for state trainers. On September 2 & 3, Basic Orientation training will be provided by videoconference from Jefferson City to the Northeast District, Northwest District, Southeast District and Southwest District offices. Basic Orientation Training will not be broadcast to the Eastern District Office. If you have questions, please contact D'Anne Ward at Danne.Ward@health.mo.gov.
- WIC Approved Food List Chinese Language: Attached is the Missouri WIC Approved Food List in the Chinese language. Please feel free to make copies as needed. The WIC food list in the Chinese language will not be available at the DHSS warehouse. If you have any suggestions or questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tgami@health.mo.gov.
- Egg Size Change: The Missouri WIC program has approved large-size eggs instead of the medium-size eggs. The description for eggs in the HANDS system will be changed from “EGGS - MEDIUM, WHITE” to “EGGS - LARGE, WHITE” on Monday, September 1, 2008.
Checks printed in August will read “EGGS - MEDIUM, WHITE”. Checks printed in September will read “EGGS - LARGE, WHITE”.
Participants may purchase either medium-size eggs or large-size eggs at WIC vendors according to the description written on their checks. If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- WIC-24 Online Invoice Training: WIC-24 online invoice training dates have been scheduled. The training will be similar to the LAP training using laptop computers. We are excited about this new online WIC tool. We have planned two 2-hour trainings each day at the dates and locations below: (The morning training will be repeated in the afternoon.)
October 21 Southeast District Office - Poplar Bluff
October 27 Clay County Health Department - Liberty
October 29 The Library Station- Springfield
October 30 Comfort Inn - Macon
October 31 DHSS 930 Wildwood - Jefferson City
Date and Location to be Determined for the Eastern District
Save this date to learn the billing process that begins in October. The registration forms will be in a future WIC Update. For questions call 1-573-751-6204, press #5 and ask for Kathleen Davis or Jim Schindler or email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you there.
Food List 2008 - 2009 - Chinese