August 25, 2008 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Breast Pump Order
SUBJECT 2: Labor Day Holiday
SUBJECT 3: Microcuvette Confirmation
SUBJECT 4: WIC Equipment Survey Update
SUBJECT 5: 2009 Reauthorization of the Child Nutrition Programs and WIC
- Breast Pump Order: Medela will begin shipping the Lactina Select electric and Harmony manual breast pumps and the double pumping kits the week of September 8th. Please remember that the following procedure must be followed in order to verify receipt of shipment for payment and to send the required WIC tags.
- Immediately upon receipt of shipment, please locate the packing slip and verify that your agency received the products and quantities stated.
- Sign the packing slip to verify the order is correct.
- Fax the signed packing slip to Laura Weiler at the state WIC office at 573-526-1470. WIC tags will be mailed upon receipt of your packing slip.
- If your agency did not receive what was stated on the packing slip, please contact the state WIC office immediately.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Mertzlufft at Kathy.Mertzlufft@health.mo.gov or by telephone at 573-526-4792.
- Labor Day Holiday: The State WIC Office will be closed and there will be no HANDS Help Desk coverage on Monday, September 1, 2008.
If you have questions contact Mark Davis at email@example.com or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- Microcuvette Confirmation: Hemocue will begin shipping microcuvettes the week of August 25, 2008 to agencies that indicated on the survey they needed a new supply. When you receive the order, please verify the number of microcuvettes received with the number listed on the packing slip. If the number of microcuvettes in the package is the same as the packing slip, sign and date the packing slip. Please fax the packing slip to Elizabeth Weyrauch at the State WIC Office within one (1) week of receiving the shipment. The fax number is 573-526-1470. Confirmation on the packing slip is required in order for the State WIC Office to pay for the microcuvettes. If the number of microcuvettes received is different from the packing slip, please call Elizabeth Weyrauch at 1-800-392-8209. Thank you for your cooperation.
- WIC Equipment Survey Update: 5 Head Circumference Tapes were mailed to each Local WIC Provider last week and should arrive this week. The Hemocue Analyzers requested should already have arrived at your agency. The other equipment requested on the WIC Equipment Survey is in the procurement process. We hope to have the equipment delivered to the agencies in September.
If you have questions please email or call Kathleen Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-526-2821.
- Subject: 2009 Reauthorization of the Child Nutrition Programs and WIC: Congress will soon begin work on the 2009 reauthorization of the Child Nutrition Programs and the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC). The Food and Nutrition Service is hosting a listening session in Denver, Colorado, on Thursday, September 11, 2008 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. to obtain input from local agencies, participants and others on the affected programs. You do not have to attend the listening session in order to provide comments; you may provide comments via email, fax or mail. Attached is more information on the listening session and how to provide comments.
WC-08-25-I CNP Listening Session Memo 08
RSVP for Listening Session 2008