September 4, 2007 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Dented Cans of Formula
SUBJECT 2: HANDS Changes - FI Inventory
SUBJECT 3: Mandatory October 2007 WIC Program Updates Training
- Dented Cans of Formula: Do you know what should be done with dented cans of WIC formula? Please review these guidelines with all WIC staff.
- Participants should be educated not to purchase dented cans of formula from the store or to use the formula if they later realize the can is dented.
- Formula may arrive in dented cans when your agency receives a direct shipment of a special formula. The shipment should be inspected at the time of delivery. Open the box and inspect each can. Dented cans should not be accepted. Contact the manufacturer for replacement.
- If the shipment of formula was signed for and the can damage was not noticed until later, call the manufacturer’s customer service department. Inform them of the damaged cans. They will instruct you on the procedure for replacement. In most cases, the manufacturer will send a recall slip to the LWP to pay for return shipping. IN SUMMARY: WIC does not issue dented cans of formula or pay for dented cans. Contact the manufacturer to replace dented cans. If state assistance is needed, call 1.800.392.8209.
- HANDS Changes - FI Inventory: A new screen in HANDS has been developed to use for printing off the H507 screens for the required monthly inventory. Currently, each H507 inventory screen has to be printed and signed by both the FI Custodian and Assistant FI Custodian, even if that inventory is empty. This means six pieces of paper and six signatures. The new screen is the H517 FI Inventory Status.
Simply pull the screen up, key the agency number at the top and press CTRL.
The screen will populate two fields, one for the agency number keyed and the other is the default mainframe printer ID for the computer that you are using. If the agency and printer ID are correct, press the F2 key. You can change the printer ID if you wish to print it to another mainframe printer. If you do change it, key the new ID and then press F2. Note: If you press CTRL, it will change the printer ID back to the default.
All six inventories (1C, 2C, 3C, 1M, 2M, 3M) will print on two pages. At the bottom of each page are two signature lines, one for the FI Custodian and one for the Assistant Custodian to sign.
This screen is now in PROD. Only folks who have the FI Custodian access (H##$P070) can use this screen.
Please contact the WIC Help Desk at 800-554-2544 or WICHelpDesk@health.mo.gov if you have questions.
- Mandatory October 2007 WIC Program Updates Training. The one-day sessions will provide attendees with an overview of the new WIC data system. We will discuss the time line, new equipment that will be required, show screen shots and answer your questions about the new data system. The training will be delivered on-site at several locations and dates throughout the state. The WIC Coordinator and Nutrition Coordinator must attend. Other WIC local agency staff may attend. Time of Training: 9:00-1:00. Registration deadline is September 1, 2007. If you have not yet registered, do so as soon as possible. As of August 30, no one had signed up for the West Plains session. This session will be canceled unless people sign up soon. See attached registration form.
If you have questions, contact Larry Rutledge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-526-0226 or 800-392-8209.
Oct Training Registration Form