September 24, 2007 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: HANDS Binder Materials CDs
SUBJECT 2: October 2007 WIC Program Updates Handouts
SUBJECT 3: HANDS Changes - Effective 10/1/07
- HANDS Binder Materials CDs: In the WIC HANDS training, we give the trainees a binder of materials to use in HANDS. These materials include a user's guide for the WOM and for the manual check program. There are also food package code listings, risk factor definitions listings, priority listings, out-of-state keying instructions, listing of codes to use on certain screens, and many other items.
We have these materials available on CD for any agency that would like a copy. You can choose to use these materials electronically or you can print them out to have on hand. You can print out only the items you want. We gave several of these CDs out at the WIC Conference in August. If you or your agency would like some of these CDs, please send an e-mail to the WIC Help Desk at WICHelpDesk@health.mo.gov.
- October 2007 WIC Program Updates Handouts: The handouts for the PowerPoint presentation for the October WIC program updates are attached. We will not provide this handout on the day you attend the WIC program updates. You may print it if you like and bring it with you when you attend the program updates but it is not required. If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at email@example.com or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- HANDS Changes - Effective 10/1/07: The following is a summary of the changes that will take effect 10/1/07 in HANDS. The attached document labeled "HANDS Changes 10-1-07" gives more detail for each change.
1. RF 113 & 114 - Cannot assign together
2. Food Package Changes & the Manual Print Program
3. 02 System Code - No longer exists
4. Hispanic Origin Field - No longer exists
5. Printing correct food package for a child
6. BF Infants/Children through 15 months - Update H225 screen
7. Inactive food packages on the cert/recert screens
8. Tri-Monthly pilot beginsIf you have any questions or experience any problems in HANDS related to these changes, please call the WIC Help Desk at 800-554-2544 or e-mail WICHelpDesk@health.mo.gov.