October 22, 2007 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Manual Check Program - Test Print
SUBJECT 2: Infant Nutrition and Feeding Guide
SUBJECT 3: "Missouri WIC Works" Poster
SUBJECT 4: Redesigned WIC Appointment/Reminder Card
SUBJECT 5: WIC Food Package and Label Image Notification
- Manual Check Program - Test Print: Please remember to update your manual check program and run a test print before you need to use it. Run your test print on plain paper and then you can purge that data from the program in the Administration Menu. By doing this, you can prevent printing problems before you have to use the program.
Please call the WIC help desk for assistance at 800-554-2544 or e-mail the WIC help desk at WICHelpDesk@health.mo.gov to schedule a time for us to call you.
- Infant Nutrition and Feeding Guide: The Infant Nutrition and Feeding Guide is currently available in PDF format on USDA’s WIC Works Resource System (WWRS). It will be available in print format in 2008. This handbook was the basis for the development of a new lesson now available on WIC Learning Online (WLOL), Feeding Infants: Nourishing Attitudes and Techniques. This lesson includes 3 modules: Feeding Infants 0 - 6, Feeding Infants 6 - 12, and Infant Formula Basics.
- "Missouri WIC Works" Poster: The WIC State office is pleased to introduce the attached poster "Missouri WIC Works". This poster is designed to promote and market the Missouri WIC program and serve as outreach to those who are unfamiliar with the WIC program. Local WIC provider contact information can be included in the space allocated on the poster. The English version of the poster will be available for local WIC providers in the DHSS warehouse October 31, 2007. If your agency wants the poster, please fill out the attached WIC Supply Request form (WIC-8) and fax it to the DHSS warehouse. The poster is being translated into various languages and translated posters will be posted on the DHSS website to be printed as needed. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Redesigned WIC Appointment/Reminder Card: The WIC Appointment/Reminder card has been redesigned and is attached. The translated version of the card will be available on the DHSS website in November 2007. Please feel free to make copies as needed. The old WIC Appointment/Reminder cards are still available in the DHSS warehouse. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov
- WIC Food Package and Label Image Notification: Two companies (Kraft Foods, Inc. and Del Monte Foods) have changed the package images of Cream of Wheat and Nature’s Goodness infant foods due to ownership changes. Please see the attached PDF and share it with staff and participants. The following is information on the changes for your information:
- Cream of Wheat - B & G Food, Inc. purchased the Cream of Wheat brand from Kraft Foods, Inc. The Nabisco logo and all references to Kraft Foods were removed from the package. For more information, please visit the B & G Food, Inc. website: http://www.bgfoods.com/creamofwheat/cow_products.asp
- Nature’s Goodness Infant Cereal and Juices - Bay Valley Foods purchased Nature’s Goodness brand from the Del Monte Foods. The Del Monte logo and all references to Del Monte were removed from the package and juice labels. For more information, please visit the Natures Goodness website: http://www.naturesgoodness.com/. The product specifications and nutritional content of foods above have not changed and remain the same. If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.