November 13, 2007 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Upcoming Holidays
SUBJECT 2: "Blue Card" Questions and Answers-WIC Program Updates
SUBJECT 3: Program for Dietetic Interns
SUBJECT 4: Missouri WIC Cultural Competency Full Reports
SUBJECT 5: Final 2007 Contract WIC 24 due November 30, 2007
SUBJECT 6: Name the New WIC Data System Contest
- Upcoming Holidays: The state WIC office will close for Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving and there will be no HANDS Help Desk coverage on November 22 and 23.
If you have questions, contact Mark Davis at email@example.com or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- "Blue Card" Questions and Answers-WIC Program Updates: We are currently working on the answers to the "blue card" questions from the October 2007 WIC Program Updates. We plan to have the answers to the questions included in the WIC Updates posted on November 27, 2007. If you have questions, please contact Mark Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-526-5323 or 800-392-8209.
- Program for Dietetic Interns: This is a reminder that the Program for Dietetic Interns (PDI) is taking applications for the 2008-2009 class year. Up to four interns will be selected from the pre-select option. This is advantageous for employees of LWPs who are eligible to participate in the pre-select option. The deadline for the pre-select option is Dec. 31. There is no fee for those interns who are currently employed with the MDHSS WIC Program or employed by a Missouri Local WIC Provider. A $3,000 fee will apply to all other interns. Don't forget to use the "new" application form, which is required (see attached). The Dietetic Internship Recommendation form is also attached for your use. Website information is currently being revised and updated. Please check our website frequently for changes. If you have any questions, please contact Vicki Strickland at 800-392-8209 or email@example.com.
- Missouri WIC Cultural Competency Full Reports: The State office is pleased to share the following reports with local WIC providers:
- Report on the 2006 Missouri WIC Mother-Caregiver Satisfaction Survey
- Report on the 2006 Missouri WIC Professional Staff Cultural Competency Survey
- Report on the 2007 Missouri WIC Staff Cultural Competency Survey
The surveys were conducted in 2006 and 2007 and the reports were completed by the contractor, University of Missouri-Columbia. Thanks to those who participated in the survey projects. The findings from the reports have been used for assessing needs and developing projects. If you have any suggestions or questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Final 2007 Contract WIC 24 due November 30, 2007: The WIC Supplemental Food Program will be finalizing the 2007 WIC grant earlier than in previous years due to the shorter closeout period allowed by the USDA. The absolute deadline for processing the payment of WIC-24 Monthly Administrative Cost Report Invoices will be close-of-business Friday, November 30, 2007. It is critically important that all invoices are received by that date; any invoices received after November 30, 2007 will not be paid.
If you have any questions regarding the deadline or processing requirements please contact Jim Schindler, James.Schindler@health.mo.gov at the state WIC office.
- Name the New WIC Data System Contest: For purposes of efficiency in applying for USDA funding for a new WIC data system, we used the name Missouri WIC Information Network System (MOWINS). This was not intended to be the final name for the new system. The New WIC Data System Steering Committee is looking for input and suggestions on what the new WIC data system should be called. Please send your suggested names to Mark Davis (Mark.Davis@health.mo.gov) or Larry Rutledge (Larry.Rutledge@health.mo.gov) for consideration by the committee. The contest will run from November 19 to December 14. Names can be submitted by individuals or by agencies. Get the creative juices flowing and send in your great names for the new system.
Dietetic Intern Recommendation Form
New Dietetic Internship Program Application
CC 101 Mother-Caregiver Report January
CC 2006 WIC CC Staff Survey Report
CC 2007 WIC staff CC Survey Report