May 29, 2007 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: WIC 24 June Submission Deadline June 5, Noon
SUBJECT 2: WIC Training Schedule for July through December 2007 (Attachments)
SUBJECT 3: Missouri WIC Resource Materials in Various Languages on CD
SUBJECT 4: Updated WIC Supply Request Form (WIC 8)
SUBJECT 5: Cultural Competency 201 Training - What WIC Nutrition Staff Need To Know
SUBJECT 6: Guidelines for Completing the High Risk Care Plan Form (WIC 55)
SUBJECT 7: Minutes from the VENA Nutrition Committee
SUBJECT 8: March Program Updates Questions and Answers
- WIC 24 June Submission Deadline June 5, Noon: The Missouri WIC Program was notified that the state's SFY2007 end-of-year processing date, the absolute deadline for the processing for payment of WIC-24 Monthly Administrative Cost Report Invoices will be close-of-business Tuesday, June 5, 2007. Therefore, in order for the program to conduct the processing needed to create the Administrative Cost Report for payment, all WIC-24s to be paid in June must be received by the State WIC Office and entered by NOON, June 5, 2007.
WIC-24 invoices received after the above deadline will continue to be reviewed and entered as received, but no payment should be expected until late July 2007 after the state's accounting system becomes available. If you have any questions regarding the deadline or processing requirements please contact Michael Murphy Michael.Murphy@health.mo.gov or Jim Schindler James.Schindler@health.mo.gov at the state WIC office.
- WIC Training Schedule for July through December 2007: Attached is the training calendar for July 2007 through December 2007 and the training registration form. Please contact the trainer listed on the schedule for any questions concerning a particular training. WIC Training will be presented on-site at each district office one time during 2007 with Video Conference to the remaining district sites.
- Missouri WIC Resource Materials in Various Languages on CD: A CD containing the following items is available at the WIC State office:
- Exit Counseling (11 languages)
- Foods To Grow On Birth To 12 Months (7 languages)
- Grandparent Brochures (11 languages)
- Missouri WIC Approved Food Lists (9 languages)
- My Pyramid For Pregnancy (English and Spanish)
- Participant Rights & Responsibilities for Participant Identification Folder (11 languages)
- Prenatal Weight Gain Brochure (11 languages)
- Milk for Kids With Lactose Intolerance (English and Spanish)
- Let's Eat Out! Healthful Fast Foods (English and Spanish)
- Fight BAC! Keep Family Food Safe (English and Spanish)
- Iron in Foods: Does My Child Get Enough? (English and Spanish)
- Food Allergies, or Just Food Fussiness? (English and Spanish)
- Welcome to WIC (English and Spanish)
- VENA Nutrition Assessment Forms for Women, Infants, and Children (English and 11 languages)
If your agency is interested in receiving the CD, please e-mail Katie Hollis at Katie.Hollis@health.mo.gov
- Updated WIC Supply Request Form (WIC 8): The WIC Supply Request form has been updated. Please begin using the attached WIC 8 form. If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov
- Cultural Competency 201 Training: What WIC Nutrition Staff Need To Know: "Have you registered for the Cultural Competency 201 Training - What WIC Nutrition Staff Need To Know?" If not, please fill out the registration form and fax at 576-526-1470 or e-mail to Michele Bailey at Michele.Bailey@health.mo.gov. The registration brochure is attached. The purpose of the training is to increase multicultural knowledge, which is one of the competency areas for WIC nutrition assessment in VENA. Please join the training! Although this training is not mandatory, the State WIC office encourages all local WIC providers to send at least one nutrition staff member to the training. If you have questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Guidelines for Completing the High Risk Care Plan Form (WIC 55): The State office finalized guidelines for completing High Risk Care Plan Form (WIC 55). Please see the attached sheet and share with your staff. The State office shipped the High Risk Care Plan (WIC 55 in Pink) to all WIC providers on May 14, 2007. If you have not received the form, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov.
- Minutes from the VENA Nutrition Committee are attached: If you have questions or concerns, contact Phyllis Fuller at Phyllis.Fuller@health.mo.gov.
- March Program Updates Questions and Answers: Attached are the Questions and Answers from the March Program Updates. There are 2 attachments. The first attachment is a list of the Q and As pertaining to the risk factors and nutrition issues. The second attachment is the list of Q and As pertaining to HANDS.
Many of these questions were answered during the training so will be a repeat of that answer. As you all know we offered the March Program Updates 9 different times. As you can guess many of the same questions were asked at different training sites.
If you have any additional questions, please contact your District Nutritionist or District Health Representative.
Thank you for being so patient with getting these Questions and Answers sent out to you.
WIC Training Schedule 7-07 thru 12-07_5-29-07_2
Training Registration Form May 07_2
WIC-8 Supply Request Form
Cultural Competency Registration Brochure
WIC 55 High Risk Care Guidelines
VENA Nutrition Committee Minutes 4-26-07
Questions and Answers 5-24-07 Final
HANDS Q and A - March Program Updates