May 21, 2007 WIC Update
SUBJECT 1: Invitation for FY 2008 Breastfeeding Peer Counseling (BFPC) Program
SUBJECT 2: Immunization Information and Schedules
SUBJECT 3: Digital Scales – Guidelines
SUBJECT 4: HANDS Changes Effective June 4, 2007
SUBJECT 5: WIC 24 June Submission Deadline June 5, Noon
- Invitation for FY 2008 Breastfeeding Peer Counseling (BFPC) Program: If your agency is interested in participating in the FY08 BFPC program, please see the attached letter and application form. The completed application and BFPC agency plan needs to be submitted to Kathy Mertzlufft by email at Kathy.Mertzlufft@health.mo.gov or by fax at 573-526-1470 by June 15, 2007. If you have any questions, please contact her at 573-526-4792.
- Immunization Information and Schedules: Attached is an updated screening tool for childhood immunizations, to assist in screening WIC participants' shot records during their certification and recertification visits. This tool should be used with the "United States 2007 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Persons Aged 0-6 Years and Catch-up Immunization Schedule for Persons Aged 4 Months-18 Years Who Start Late or Who Are More Than 1 Month Behind. These schedules are also attached.
Please discard the laminated and card stock copies and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended schedules and all other previous versions of the WIC screening tool and ACIP recommended schedules. If questions please contact the Immunization Program at (573) 751-6124.
- Digital Scales – Guidelines: Several agencies have requested to purchase digital scales in the Local Agency Plan (LAP) and the Enhancement Grant budgets. The attached guidelines have been developed to assist LWPs considering buying digital scales for use in their clinics. These guidelines will be included in the revised Health and Nutrition Assessment Handbook (HNAH), which will have a link from the WOM. If you have any questions, please contact your district TA team (Nutritionist).
- HANDS Changes Effective June 4, 2007: Extensive changes are being made in HANDS to accommodate the new three digit risk factors as well as other revisions. The other revisions are changes related to: Revision 8 Dietary Risk Factors; infant follow-up visits; over-income certifications and recertifications; and delivery dates over six months for non-breast feeding women. Please review the attached listing of changes which will be effective Monday, June 4, 2007.
If you have questions or comments about these changes, please contact Melissa Seaver at email@example.com.
If you have trouble keying data on and after June 4, please call the WIC Help Desk at 800-554-2544.
- WIC 24 June Submission Deadline June 5, Noon: The Missouri WIC Program was notified that the state's SFY2007 end-of-year processing date, the absolute deadline for the processing for payment of WIC-24 Monthly Administrative Cost Report Invoices will be close-of-business Tuesday, June 5, 2007. Therefore, in order for the program to conduct the processing needed to create the Administrative Cost Report for payment, all WIC-24s to be paid in June must be received by the State WIC Office and entered by NOON, June 5, 2007.
WIC-24 invoices received after the above deadline will continue to be reviewed and entered as received, but no payment should be expected until late July 2007 after the state's accounting system becomes available. If you have any questions regarding the deadline or processing requirements please contact Michael Murphy Michael.Murphy@health.mo.gov or Jim Schindler James.Schindler@health.mo.gov at the state WIC office.
BFPC FY08 Invitation Letter
FY08 BFPC Application Form
Catch Up Immunizaton Schedule 2007
Immunization Schedule 2007
Immunization Screening Tool 2007
Minimum Criteria for Weighing Equipment Revised 5-18-07
HANDS info re June 4 2007 system changes